Anybody Skelotonized a wood Stock?

I agree with Awbowhunter,keep that wood stock original.I see them on ebay all the time for sale as folks want a lighter stock.
If you take off wood at critical spots on that stock it could weaken it enough to be dangerous if shot.
Darrel made a post a while back where he bought a carbon fiber stock from Stockys Stocks online and it looked great!
I would go that route before I ruined a good old wood Remington stock.Just my opinion

It was super popular in the late 90s and early 2000s, the photo bucket fiasco probably erased all those hideous skeleton laminate stocks that used to run around. The modern carbon stocks are cheap compared to the time some folks spent...

Sorry cohunt,it works for me but there are times things refuse to work for me.
Copy and paste Winchester Coyote Outback in your browser and see if you get a pic.
Good looking gun.
I'm trying to post a pic from my phone of one I mine that is similar to the win70 coyote --

I get a notice that saus " the upload failed because the file could not be written to the server. The site administrator will......"

Something is buggy with the site this morn

You can definitely skeletonize the forend, but when you do so it may flex some and no longer have a free floating barrel, depending on the caliber you could do the butt stock. By the buttpad you will most likely be into end grain and it won't have a ton of strength. So with heavier recoil it might break. You could cut the butt stock sides flat similar to some manners stocks and shave some weight without compromising the strength