Anybody shot groups with Accubonds???

G

I'm thinking of loading the 225 AB's in 338 Lapua. Has anyone tried AB's in 338?

I have them and am shooting them in a very accurate custom M-70. Superb accuracy, well under an inch for three shot groups in my rifle. I intend to do some expansion tests to see how it holds together next.
The Nosler Accubond is extremely well finished, Nosler really knows how to polish their bullets and the tips are perfectly positioned, no gap. I started weighing a box and the variation was so minimal that I quit, was not proving anything as they were holding such uniformity.
For your info Swift also introduced a new bonded bullet in .338, the 210 grain Scirocco.
ian

Were these the 225gr 338's?

Also, what is the BC and accuracy of the 210 swift?

Thanks!

Yes, the new 225/.338 Accubond but I am shooting a standard .338 Win with a 25" Lilja barrel. The Scirocco pretty much equalled the accuracy I got with the Accubond, matter of fact the best group shot was with the Swift. If I can hold onto that rifle it will shoot sub minute with good loads. These bullets shot sub 3/4 minute with my 4350 load, a few that were very near the 1/2 mark. They are very long bullets, I have a long chamber throat and can seat them out a ways.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.