Anybody See This Lithograph before?

Muddyboots

So this has been in my family for at least 65 years and is obviously dang old. I remember it has a gilded frame that was chipped up and I think my mom painted it black longggg time ago. No markings I can find in print or on back. The back is wooden slats so this is not a recent framing job for sure.

Anybody see this before? Anything similar? The basement lighting makes the background look yellow but is whitish. Pretty good size print about 36"x24".

IMG_4948.JPG

OK, did an image search through Google and Bing and actually found it off Bing. It is an engraving by an UK artist that lived 1850-1909 by the name of Clarence Roe. The name of the engraving is called "High Solitude". Value not so much as you think for something that is over 125 years old, probably <$100!

Muddy, do you think this is representative of an American Elk or one in Great Britain or elsewhere? Either way it is beautiful ! I am sure you treasure it and the memories of years gone by. It deserves to be displayed in a place of prominence.

Was on fireplace mantle but took down for whole interior house painting. They just finished up so we are rethinking where to hang it. It ain't going anywhere since it has been with me for at least 65 years.

Yep...sure does look like the Hartford Insurance Company logo
Stag....
But if you look really close it looks like the artist tried to make the animal faces look more human....
Especially the doe and yearling.....
A little 'Bambi-ism'