Anybody ran into this?(Savage 11FNS mounts)

Jim Maloney

I have mounted scopes on 3 identical Savage Model 11FNS 300 WSM (new round receiver) with talley Q-detach mounts. On all 3 I have had to crank the elevation adjustments on the scopes almost all the way up to get them to zero 2" high at 100 yards. I have measured all the bases and rings and they all seem to be within a couple thousanths of each other. I'm thinking there may be a problem with the receivers or the barrel fit.
Anybody have an idea as to what might be going on?

Thanks in advance.
Jim
confused.gif

I don't have any experience with the Talley mounts. The dozen or so AccuTrigger models (12/112 BVSS or 10LE2B) I have used Weaver Grand Slam bases (S46) on have not had this problem. This has been over the last six months with two being in the last three weeks. Are tops of the receiver (front & rear) the same height from the bore centerline? Are the mounting holes inline with the bore and top center of the receiver? Are the rifle serial numbers close enough to possibly be from the same casting/machining run?

More help may be available from "Mr Furious" and "SAS" at the Savage Shooters Forum, or Savage Customer Service. Good Luck ... Mike

http://savageshooters.proboards22.com/

[ 08-29-2004: Message edited by: Bluebeemer ]

Mike, Thanks for the input.

The mounting holes are in line with the bore as far as side to side and top center. I don't know how to accuratly check the height of the receive front to back with the center line of the bore. If I could do that it would either rule that out or pin it down. All three guns are consecutively serial numbered so they came off the production line one after the other.
I checked the height of the bases and rings and they are within a couple thousanths front to back. I think I'll make a few calls tomorrow and see what I can learn.

Jim

I have a 111,and a 116 both during bore sighting had to shim them just to get it close to what the bore said. I purchased each a yr. or so apart and on both i had to remove the shims and but the both seem that the elavation is still cranked kinda high. but i still have more room to adjust. both have weaver bases and rings.

sry mist a sentance... I had to remove the shims because they both shoot 9 or so feet over the target at 100yds. used 3 different bore sight. my personal and 2 at the dealer.

Have a 111FL with Weaver mounts-simply put on and bore sighted with my bushnell magnetic bore sight and it was 6" high @100 yds.

I've talked with Dave at Talley and we've desided that it has to be something with the rifles. Savage wants to look at them so they are all going back.

Thanks for the input guys.

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.