Anybody pick up a Glock 44 lately?

Deputy819

Hey all! Walked into my local gun store today and saw this thing. I'm not much of a pistol guy (except for the Glock 22 I carry on duty) and admittedly I didn't even know Glock had started making a pistol chambered in .22 LR. Sure looked like it would be a lot of fun so I bought it, took it home and fed it about 10 magazines worth of Eley Sport standard velocity 22 LR ammo. Had to adjust the rear sight a little for windage and elevation, but it shot great and certainly was a lot of fun. Anybody else have one of these?
FF51FC1D-7337-4C12-A537-120FC2977C78.jpeg

No, but they seem interesting. Just issued one of our IBO's (Itty Bitty Officer) a glock 48, our standard issue 22 in her hands looked like me holding a desert eagle ha ha. She is 4'11" and 107 lbs.....so a REALLY IBO ha ha. She made it through academy with her 22 though, but her scores went up dramatically since I got it approver for her to start using the 48. Dara makes a custom level II/III holster for it as well.

That seems like it would be an excellent trainer though. Is the grip size like a 9mm/40 frame or is it more like the single stacks?

Last edited:
I just got two of these for training pistols at work. They work great if you feed them high quality ammo but will jam a bit with low quality stuff. Remington golden bullets wouldn't feed because the nose hits the feedramp. These are the same size as a Glock 17 and fit the same holsters. They are lighter and the trigger is a little different but faily similary. I like this as a trainer.

Hey, Cody! That sounds like a sight to see for sure! I bet she got a pretty good work-out in just packing a G22 around....much less all the other gear.
To me, the G44 grip feels very similar to the G22 I carry on-duty.......not at all like the single stacks.

Hey, Cody! That sounds like a sight to see for sure! I bet she got a pretty good work-out in just packing a G22 around....much less all the other gear.
To me, the G44 grip feels very similar to the G22 I carry on-duty.......not at all like the single stacks.
I just got two of these for training pistols at work. They work great if you feed them high quality ammo but will jam a bit with low quality stuff. Remington golden bullets wouldn't feed because the nose hits the feedramp. These are the same size as a Glock 17 and fit the same holsters. They are lighter and the trigger is a little different but faily similary. I like this as a trainer.
That is good to hear, maybe I'll see if the department could squeeze a couple of these in the budget ha ha. It's crazy to me how many new recruits have almost never, or never fired a pistol, especially being in Wyoming. Then again, our newest guy came from Maryland.....

I've only fed it Eley Sport standard velocity ammunition so far and haven't had any 'hiccups' with it. I'll try and run some other brands through it and see what she says......

I've had one for about 6 weeks and I haven't had a problem yet and I have used crap ammo to high quality. I have seen videos showing issues with the first ones out with cheap rounds and saying to use the 40 grain? Why are they illegal in California, 10 round magazine single stack. They now sell these available with a threaded barrel too!

they are very light. but for what they are, they are a good trainer. I run a sig conversion kit on a p226 which is the same basic idea.

the issue that I saw with them, as someone else mentioned, is that they are very picky with ammo. I guess results may vary.

No, but they seem interesting. Just issued one of our IBO's a glock 48, our standard issue 22 in her hands looked like me holding a desert eagle ha ha. She is 4'11" and 107 lbs.....so a REALLY IBO ha ha. She made it through academy with her 22 though, but her scores went up dramatically since I got it approver for her to start using the 48. Dara makes a custom level II/III holster for it as well.

That seems like it would be an excellent trainer though. Is the grip size like a 9mm/40 frame or is it more like the single stacks?
Thought this was a long range forum.......go to other forums with this junk.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.