Anybody know where I could get some of the good old bill austin calls

breezybullet

Would like to know if anybody is still designing bill austins calls? I hear they are great calls I just can't find any!

Well I searched the internet and found an article where a guy was looking for some and he said there was a company that took over the production on the howler but I couldn't find a name. They say that anything Bill Austin made put every other call to shame but it seems like we might have better luck looking for the holy grail hahaha

His calls surely worked, they were easy to blow and manipulate, but they weren't really anything fancy IMO. If I remember correctly they were a very simple open reed design............at least on the howlers, I am not aware of any other calls he may have had out.

Oh well I guess I'm sure over the years there have been better things made. I was just curious to see if there were any around. Just got a foxpro and added a couple other hand calls to my collection but I will keep my eyes open and If i do find out who produces them I will post a new thread.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.