• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED anybody know ackleyguy?

ramhunter

Gentlemen,
I bought an Rem. 700 SA action from this guy, ackleyguy (Joe Sopcak). The transition was made on the Campfire site, but I see he has been posting on this site. I sent him the funds Dec. 15th. I called my bank and the money order was cashed Dec. 29th. I have not heard hide or hair from this guy or received the action. He hasn't responded to any of my PM's. Has something happened to this guy or is he just a flake and I got smoked? Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks!
Dave

Dave

Tell me his exact display name and I will check his profile.

"ackleyguy" isn't in my database.

[email protected]

If you pm'd him on this site he won't get the message as I have always chosen not to enable any email-based features in order to keep administration down to a minimum.

Len,
I PM him on the campfire site, he goes under the handle acklyfella, but his email address is the same for each site. That's how I knew it was the same guy. He lives in Southwest PA. I've sent messages to his email address with no responses. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, that maybe something might have happened to him, But I'm thinking I got smoked. I just wanted everybody to beware of this guy at my loss. Thanks for the help though.

Dave

If you don't already have a phone no., going to MSN.com white pages, typing in "J Sopcak" in PA turns up a few results. If any match the address you sent your money to, I'd be placing a lot of phone calls if it were me. Good luck.

-Rick

The action showed up yesterday. I wish this guy would have pm'd me and let me know he was sending it like he said he would. Anyhow better late than never, right! Thanks for the help you guys.
Dave