Anybody in mid-west Arkansas interested in a Wyoming huntin buddy??

hydehunter

or make sure you have a nice neighbor to shoot on his property,wr have 8 acres here and behind us is a hay field and the owner lets me mow a 12 wide swath 500 yards long and when he plants beans I can get out to 800 yards with my steel targets, and I was complaining at out tax assessor a couple of months ago about our property taxes being 1300.00. we are both retired and it is tough to get by at times and sucks getting old. I have been to AR and it is a very pretty state been there a couple of times up north

Frog4aday

That is great you have a neighbor that lets you shoot into his property. Getting to go out to 800 yards would be awesome. We have a 500 yd range at our local club, but it is "appointment only" & frequently closed for (make up any weird reason).

As for taxes, we looked hard at Oklahoma (in addition to AR) because they have a law limiting property tax increases to no more than 3% per year, which helps protect a person from quickly getting priced out of their home. Your $1300 a year is over $100 a month (which is a bummer) but seems pretty good, relatively speaking. Hopefully it stays that low for a long time.

Bill Cauley Jr

LRH Team Member
So unfortunately I have to leave my wonderful home state of Wyoming so my wife can pursue further education and work opportunities in her career, so I am likely moving to Arkansas anywhere from one month to 4 months from now, and will be there for anywhere from 3 to 7 years before I can move back here. And don't get me wrong, I don't hate Arkansas by any means, but I will certainly miss being able to hunt monster mulies every year at 10,000 ft elevation with a $38 OTC tag, and chase 300"+ bulls every year with a $58 OTC tag as well. That one is going to hurt. I wish you were moving to Tennessee

But while I am in Arkansas, I am wondering if I will be able to do any LR hunting of the whitetail deer, possibly hogs, or anything else. I am also interested in archery hunting as well, as I chase elk with a bow out here too. The entire year I live for the fall hunting season. It is 100% new to me, the only person I know out there is my father in law, and I have only visited one time.

I plan on coming back to Wyoming every year to hunt, the area I will be applying for has about a 50% or so draw odds for non-resident doe/fawn pronghorn, and I know the ranchers here and can hunt on their land (there are areas in the mid east and north east side of the state that are 100% draw odds, but access is a little more challenging, but doable if interested) and I also know how to get a 100% draw odd non-resident late season cow/calf elk tag (for under $300), with FANTASTIC long range opportunities. So if someone could help me out in Arkansas, I could certainly help them out in return on a Wyoming hunt or two, as this is my stomping grounds. We could even split travel expenses, and there is no trespass or guide fee, just travel to Wyoming for a pronghorn or elk hunt, or both, and have a good time.

A hunting buddy wouldn't be a bad thing for me to have in an area I don't know, my father in law doesn't hunt much, and I will be leaving all my hunting friends and family behind. I will be living near Paris, AK, so not far from the Ozark forest. My wife will be working in Ft. Smith. So that is our general location.

I love anything hunting and fishing, waterfowl, boating, I even spearfish and have freediving/spearfishing gear for multiple people. Any interest just send me a private message. Also posted in the Long range hunting section of the forum as well.

Take care.

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce