anybody else order whidden dies recently?

Thatonekid

how long did you wait? I ordered some in January and got an email saying they wont be done till the beginning of june for my 338 lapua imp. this wait feels like forever!!

I ordered in Jan or Feb and got them a few weeks ago. I believe they do a run once a month - not sure what the hold up might be but you could call them and ask...they have always been helpful with me.

Mine were custom 28 Nosler, FWIW.

Last edited:
how long did you wait? I ordered some in January and got an email saying they wont be done till the beginning of june for my 338 lapua imp. this wait feels like forever!!

It has 2 years but I have a hydraulic forming die and set of reloading dies for my .30 LARA and both came in between the 8-12 weeks window (I think I got it around the 10 week mark) as advertised. When was the last time you checked?

i have a set of 338 rum and 25wssm ai and 7mm rsaum on order now been about 4 weeks but i would imagine another 4 to 6 to go, they do them in batches

Last edited:
Put a Order in for There Hydraulic form die along with the micro seater die and their Bushing Click Adjustable Full Length Sizer die. The order was placed on March 30. Have not received them yet. But with the 8-12 week time frame I am looking at another 6 to 8 weeks yet.

I ordered and received the Whidden set that included the bushing dye and the micrometer seater. The bushing dye is nicely made, and the click adjustments convenient. Neck run-out and brass dimensions of my 6.5x284 Lapua is identical to my Redding competition bushing dye. I was not that impressed with the Whidden micrometer seater. I personally prefer the design of the Redding Competition micrometer seater.

I am just the opposite, I like the bigger size and brightness of the numbers on the Whidden, Although the main body is hard coated aluminum the main parts of it are steel and mine loads really nice and I like the fact that I dont have to remove the top of the seater to put back in the box , but my redding seaters work great to. Just personal preference here also :)

I am just the opposite, I like the bigger size and brightness of the numbers on the Whidden, Although the main body is hard coated aluminum the main parts of it are steel and mine loads really nice and I like the fact that I dont have to remove the top of the seater to put back in the box , but my redding seaters work great to. Just personal preference here also :)

Same here! The only thing I did not care was the lock ring. Having said that, I changed all my dies lock rings to Hornady's.

Anyone get there Whidden dies they had ordered? Got a email saying mine should be here by Saturday of this week!!! Looking Forward to that for sure!! Now maybe I can finish getting some brass ready for loading!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts