Anybody else had to do this?

beside all that has been said if I were the store owner I would be taking a little better care of local law enforcement they do deserve a little something extra not kissin nobodys bu-- thats just the way that it is
Appreciate that, Sir! I gotta say this though....if we LE guys receive any 'special treatment' I hope that it's because someone just wants to do it out of the kindness of their hearts. You'll NEVER catch me asking for it. I'm not special in any way, shape or form and I put my pants on one leg at a time just like everybody else. ;)

Don't want to hijack your thread but it reminded me of a similar and recent experience. I've been helping my father- in-law get into reloading and he's been looking all over the internet for primers with no luck. The other day he called me into his office all excited thinking he'd found some, and asked if he'd found a good deal. What he'd found was a bunch of jackasses on Gunbroker selling varying brands of primers in cases of 1000 at $200-300 a pop. I know some others may be desperate enough to pay, but I like to believe shooters/hunters should be held to a high standard, and seeing the gouged prices at 6-7× face value during a shortage is not the standard I expect, it's just a spineless display of greed and deceit. Fortunately there's a little shop about 40 minutes away, gave them a call and they said they still had a good selection, so we got him setup with 4000 primers. I'd like to say we only spent $150 on them, but the place also had a decent supply of Varget and Barnes TTSX's in several calibers, so our wallets were still hit almost as hard as if we'd been duped by the chumps on Gunbroker, but at least we got our money's worth.

Don't want to hijack your thread but it reminded me of a similar and recent experience. I've been helping my father- in-law get into reloading and he's been looking all over the internet for primers with no luck. The other day he called me into his office all excited thinking he'd found some, and asked if he'd found a good deal. What he'd found was a bunch of jackasses on Gunbroker selling varying brands of primers in cases of 1000 at $200-300 a pop. I know some others may be desperate enough to pay, but I like to believe shooters/hunters should be held to a high standard, and seeing the gouged prices at 6-7× face value during a shortage is not the standard I expect, it's just a spineless display of greed and deceit. Fortunately there's a little shop about 40 minutes away, gave them a call and they said they still had a good selection, so we got him setup with 4000 primers. I'd like to say we only spent $150 on them, but the place also had a decent supply of Varget and Barnes TTSX's in several calibers, so our wallets were still hit almost as hard as if we'd been duped by the chumps on Gunbroker, but at least we got our money's worth.
I saw a lot of that at gun shows during the Obama administration. That was with primers and .22 rounds. I told a vendor that price gouging was pretty low. Little did I know he was the president of the group that runs our local shows. I was asked to leave.

30, during the Obama administration a guy was selling 215M's for $300 a brick on Gunbroker. I know where he got them and he paid $58 a brick the day before. He didn't make a single sale! Perhaps the same guy.

30, during the Obama administration a guy was selling 215M's for $300 a brick on Gunbroker. I know where he got them and he paid $58 a brick the day before. He didn't make a single sale! Perhaps the same guy.

Maybe so. I did recommend the 210M's to my father in law though, and there were some bricks listed for a gentleman's $275. On another note, I paid $35.99 per pound of Varget the other day, so now I've got some for sale if anyone is interested? $200 per pound sound fair to all?

Maybe so. I did recommend the 210M's to my father in law though, and there were some bricks listed for a gentleman's $275. On another note, I paid $35.99 per pound of Varget the other day, so now I've got some for sale if anyone is interested? $200 per pound sound fair to all?

HaHa

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.