Anybody build a 375 cheytac or version of on the Bat ct action?

chw

Want to build a 375 cheytac not sure which version on the Bat model CT. If anybody has done this any info on the build and results would be much appreciated.

I've done it many, many times.. Only two issues I see. You will not be able to eject a loaded round as the ejection port is not long enough, and depending on the thickness of the brass rim, you may have extraction issues. The extractor will need to be removed, and reduced in thickness by about .015". Sliding extractors are easy to remove and correct.
Other than those two issues, the BAT is a good choice.... Until the Curtis .408 action arrives.:cool:

I've done it many, many times.. Only two issues I see. You will not be able to eject a loaded round as the ejection port is not long enough, and depending on the thickness of the brass rim, you may have extraction issues. The extractor will need to be removed, and reduced in thickness by about .015". Sliding extractors are easy to remove and correct.
Other than those two issues, the BAT is a good choice.... Until the Curtis .408 action arrives.:cool:

Thanks for the help I was not aware of these issues. Are there any actions that accomadate for these cartridges with longer OAL than the standard Cheytac? And extractors that need no removal or modification?

Want to build a 375 cheytac not sure which version on the Bat model CT. If anybody has done this any info on the build and results would be much appreciated.

My 375 AM is built on a bat action that is stamped CT72 after the company address.

I guess its a CT???? The M is hex I think though not sure.

No problems whatever...

HTH

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.