Any USPSA Shooters on here?

Hey TikkaMike, I used to shoot Action Pistol competition in N. Texas/S. Oklahoma in the early 90's and I totally agree with you - tons of fun! The people were awesome and I learned so much. Funny you are using a Glock 21 as that's what I started with, too. But I switched to a Glock 17 after a year because my wife was regularly beating me with her Glock 19, ha! She was a good shot. Very focused. At a match, I'd start off well, but as the round count went up, I'd start throwing shots away. Just a tad too much recoil for me out of that .45 ACP. But that was before the SF frames came along. I think that would have helped some.

Things I learned - your gun isn't truly squared away until you can shoot two matches with it and nothing goes wrong. I saw mags falling out of guns, front sights taking flight, and jam-a-matics galore. It was an eye opener. But...FUN! I hope you keep with it and have a great time for years to come.

Shot IPSC and USPSA from 1977. Shot Open and Limited mostly since 2004 and some 3gun. Until USPSA in 1983 it was all single stack 45 then some 38 Super? Got into Long Range 6 years ago so shoot very little USPSA now!

I've shot USPSA for a while. At one time quite a few years ago I shot 2 to 3 matches a month. So far this year I've only been to two matches. I hope to get 1 match a month during the remainder of the year. I mostly shoot Open Major division with an old STI pistol.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.