any toy/fun guns?

SAV300WM

hi im josh new to this, just wondering if/wat you guys have 4 toy or fun guns, u no cheap ammo, semi or full auto wat ever just would like to see or here wat you got,
thanks
got me a Mini 14/ranch, 30rd clip shes loud

guns are not toys

hi guns are not toys and should never be compared to as such.

I think you are thinking of a firearm for plinking at cans or informal target shooting if this is the case a 22 rimfire is the best choice.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Anytime I've done that it was always aimed at something, Plinking I suppose. Have I ever gone out just to make noise and expend a buch of ammo?...no, I don't think I ever have. I've got several AR's in 223 and 17 Rem, and several semi-auto 22's but shooting them is considered 'practice' and most shots are carefully aimed.

Wait, come to think of it there was a 4th of July bash out on the plains of Colorado at a pawnshop owners house....stacked pyramids of stereo's and TV's, and a blackpowder mortar......but that was when I was young and maybe a touch foolish....it was fun at the time with 6-8 guys lined up with semi-autos and a few class III guns. Funny though, I don't have the urge for that sort of thing anymore....more the one shot one kill mentality I guess.

A neighbor of ours built one of those ruger 10/22 gatlings you see. With twin 50 rounds clips its a blast to fire at cans or prairie dogs. The only downside is loading two 50rd clips. Thats the only weapon I see fit to waste ammo. Even my .223 costs .25 a round reloaded so I see no sense in wasting it.
But that gatling is just plain fun.

Oh I have to name another time. In Iraq we went to this target range which was basically old abadoned housing. We must have put 1200 rounds of Saw(.223) ammo, 1000 rounds from the M-60s(.308) 600 rounds of .50BMG and at least another 200rounds of 40mm grenade(Mark 19) into the houses before we brought them down w/ AT4s. That was way more fun than .22 Gatling. It was kinda like we were the mob in a movie. Lined up wasting a house.

Lucas

Last edited:
Only time I ever just went to burn ammo, I went out with my brother-in-law. He told me that there was plenty of fields on this property. He hadn't been to the place in awhile apparently because every field had weeds head high. Spent the day in the woods shooting cans and empty shotshells. Even did some tree cutting with a .308. It was fun, but I'd still rather shoot for groups if its with one of the big guns or the 22.

I shoot a select fire 14.5" M4 and a select fire MP5-40 twice a month at SWAT training , probably 300 rounds throught he M4 and 1000 throught he MP5-40's probably anbother 500 through the Glock 22's.
The whole full auto thing was kinda cool at first but you soon relize that its pointless in the real world , the only time we very put the guns on full aout os when we are practicing trigger controle and mang 2 and 3 round burst moving to and from cover , making and breaking contact.
I work with a clown that is going to buy a full auto M-16 , costing like $9,000 just to say he has one I guess , he looks at it like a toy. Their are a bunch of ******* with class three guns that go to a public range near here and blow thousands of rounds a couple times a month , I've learned to leave as soon as they show up , the whole situation is very unsafe , lots of folks with little trainging on proper gun handeling walking around with full aout guns , constantly unaware of the muzzel pointing them around.

i shoot my personal AR's a good bit maybe 500 rounds a month but again its more or less informal training for my self , practicing shooting from a car , rapid deployment , rapid scene and target evaluation. Also setting up realy fast and making fast shots and practicing fast followup shot or multi target shots with the sniper rifle. I consider this Plinking/playing but its actualy pretty serious focused shooting.

I used to go shooting grasshoppers and muskrats with an SKS and a 22 remington when I was a young teen on the farm. Also played around shooting at fence posts and such from longer distanaces but all of it was actually aimed shooting. Even when I go to the range lately I enjoy seeing how fast I can shoot ---and hit the target really well. I get no enjoyment out of just hitting the paper. I feel that the faster paced shooting is good exercise for a hunting situation that requires a fast shot at game.

I have ben known to emty a few clips through the SKS or AR just to make noise...with a safe backstop of coarse but it dont happen as much as it used to:D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.