any tikka t3 fans on here

pseshooter300

Any tikka t3 fans on here. I keep here people talk about how these guns shoot and how accurate they are. I am about half tempted to pick one up to try. What are your all's thoughts?

Very smooth action, very tight groups, dont cost an arm and leg.....
Worth getting one.........

I have grey laminate/stainless 270win and love it smooth action nice looking rifle and accurate as no complaints from me and nobody will convince me otherwise and I have converted a few rem/ruger fans to boot.
Cheers.
Rumball

I just bought a T3 lite Stainless 30-06 recently. I was really impressed with the trigger (best I have used), stock fit me well and was a rigid plastic, liked the box magazine, liked the dovetail down the action.

Problem I have been having with mine though is I have tried 7 different types of sub $25 a box ammo in the thing and can't get it to shoot sub MOA and the zero shifts more radically with changes in ammo then I have seen with other rifles. Mine doesn't like heavy rounds at all it seems and the best it does is about 1.5" with 150gr Super X.

I sometimes wonder when I see people go on and on about how accurate they are if it is just hype building on others hype. I would say the trigger will make the shooter more accurate then other rifles in the price range, but for me the jury is still out on its accuracy. Also if you buy T3 Lite in 30-06 or larger add $50 to the price because the but pad sucks ( Get a fitted Limbsaver ) also mounting a cheap scope on it with less then about 4" of relief is a good way to get scoped. Seriously I have never considered a 30-06 as a rifle with recoil until I bruised up my shoulder and got scoped by mine T3 right off the bat.

I think Savage might be a safer route for accuracy (accustock models). A couple people in my Military Unit bought Savage 30-06s and they were both shooting ~ .75" groups out of the box with them. This is back in the early '90s and they weren't hand loading so I assume with the new triggers and stocks they are only better. Also depending what you are doing with it there is a lot of aftermarket stuff for the Savages if you plan on building up a rifle.

About what i have heard from others im really considering picking one up in ss in a 30-06 putting a bel and carlson stock on it cause im just not crazy about the factory stock plus it will look better :) and slapping a 3x9x40 leupold on it

Any tikka t3 fans on here. I keep here people talk about how these guns shoot and how accurate they are. I am about half tempted to pick one up to try. What are your all's thoughts?

I'd give one a whirl. I bought one last year on a whim because I was ****ed at a browning I had. I bought a t3 lite lh in 270 win at my local shop with the intention of shooting the crap out of it and giving it back inside of 30 days if it wouldn't shoot well. I still own it.
One of the easiest to get shooting rifles I own. 1" or so at 200 with cloverleafs at 100. It doesn't puke when you heat the barrel a bit either.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.