any thoughts on the vortex gen ll pst's?

This is all good info, I am about to order a PST gen II. I can proform Zeiss, Burris, and vortex. Looking to spend around as much money as the vortex pst. What would you guys suggest? Thanks

This is all good info, I am about to order a PST gen II. I can proform Zeiss, Burris, and vortex. Looking to spend around as much money as the vortex pst. What would you guys suggest? Thanks
Burris has up to 200$ off right now. The XTR2 is offering all the features that seem to be popular right now. 34mm tube,
10mil turrets, and zero stop.
But the Nightforce SHV offers a lot for the money. I tend to look at resale value/popularity. I get bored easy and trade and sell a lot. Burris is popular along with Nightforce and SWFA are always a safe bet for me, I always can move them and get most of my money back.

ok here is what ive noticed so far.the glass is a definate improvement over my gen l pst,turrets are very nice,and clicks are decent.this scope has zero backlash on the turrets,seem very precise.the rear diopeter focus ring is a little looser when backed out to work with my glasses compared to my gen l but not bad.other than checking it when i get a chance on reticle shift at higher elevation adjustments i wd say it runs circles around an xtr ll

Did a glass comparison between the gen ll set at 20x and my leupy vx3 6.5-20x50 and viewing a brick chimney at 950 yrds at dusk,the bricks were a bit clearer and sharper with the gen ll over the vx3.not a dramatic difference,but i could see the morter between the bricks better with the vortex.i was hoping for a bigger improvement than that,but ill take it.

So far the gen ll seems to be holding its own well against my other scopes.it beats my vx3,my pst gen l,and my zeiss conquest 6.5-20.other scopes ive owned that it surpasses is a bushy elite tactical 4.5-30x50,weaver tactical 4-20x50,and sightron siii 6-24x50.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.