Any scope experts out there?

longrangehunter

What's an accurate way to determine the actual adjustment per click? Looks like one of my scopes might be .275 instead of the .250 specified.

Look at a yard stick taped vertically to you target at 100yds. Lock the gun in sand bags, adjust as you watch the movement up along the yard stick. In four clicks your crosshairs should have moved about one inch if they're 1/4moa clicks. Verify by moving 40 clicks, it should be around ten inches off now. If you set the yard stick out at 25yds it would be 2.5". If it's not, you have problems. \

Also check the far edges of the scopes adjustment, it should be repeatable and consistant throughout the full range of adjustment.

Check windage the same way.

The gun MUST NOT MOVE AT ALL.

Brent, thanks for the tip. I have a Hart rest that I can squeeze the forearm with so it just may work. By going more then 1 click I can average it out.

Longrangehunter...

Keep in mind that 1 moa does NOT = 1 inch. So 1/4 moa doesn't = .250.

Most of the better scopes use moa instead of inches for there measurments, so 1/4 moa equals 0.262".

The difference between 0.262", and 0.275" would be almost impossible for you to measure without serious optical instruments.

CatShooter

Thanks guys. The manual was "bad" not the scope. Everything is A OK.
wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.