Any recommendations for training shoes?

The shoes I use now are Hoka's, fit my feet right and cushion my feet, ankles, knees and hips. They seem to help my lower back when walking and standing. They are a little pricey, but worth it. I also have a pair of the Keens utility shoes.
I use Hoka as well. Love them. I am going to give a pair of Altras a go this summer.

I use Hoka as well. Love them. I am going to give a pair of Altras a go this summer.
Altra Lone Pine hikers have worked well but my problem is one leg is half inch shorter after two knee replacements. I went back to New Balance 928V3 yesterday. They have more cushion on the bottom. Feet felt better but I have to lighten my backpack load. I'm 67 and feeling it.

In my experience it really depends on your foot shape (narrow / wide, higher or lower arch etc).

I successfully completed the Leadville 100 in a pair of Altra's (Lone Peak's to be specific) and really love them. I have a wider foot though and that roomy tow box agrees with me.

Also, I highly recommend you check out Superfeet insoles. They make different heights by color so find what works best for you.

Happy to field any other questions you may have.

Best,
C
You're spot on! Thanks! I too use Altra LP hikers with green Superfeet. My feet do not like soft insoles

Altras Lone Peaks for longer runs

Reebok Powerlift for weight /powerlift training

Xeros or Splays for general cross training

I switched to zero drop and minimal shoes due to some knee and back discomfort. I feel an improvement and it doesn't take long to soften your foot strike. If you try minimal shoes you may be surprised how hard you hit the ground. Turns out I clopped around like a Clydesdale.
It's what I call foot slap.

With wide feet, I can't use Hoka's. I really had high hopes for the Speedgoat 5, but just too narrow. Altra's have an awesome toe box, but the zero drop was a bit much. I found my sweet spot in the Topos. I use the TrailVenture WP for hiking, the UltraVenture for trail running and the Ultrafly 4 for road/ flat trail. I get along well with the 5mm drop.

I also use a pair of La Sportiva TX4 approach shoes for more technical hiking.

Brooks Adrenaline GTS. I have run many different brands and I think these are the best in the market if you need solid shoe with just a little support. I put many miles on mine and they still do the job. Plus they have normal colors unlike some other brands!

For a good running or training shoe I love the Altra. Solomon in a wide would be my 2nd choice. The wide toe box of the Altra is so good I never want to go back to standard toe boxes.