Any one tried hammers dead blow?

I would be looking of a different bullet. Way to much bloodshot in my way of thinking. I had that kind of problem with a Nosler Partition 100gr and the box still sit on the shelve. That about 45 years ago as reminder. Now I will say the shot was about 40yds. I have done the same type of shot many time after that with none partition bullets and never had that problem with ballistic tips or Accubonds, and have put bullets from one end to the other on animals.
X2......not a bullet I would be using again....at least not on something I want to eat! Could be a great Bear load

Honestly the "bloodshot" isn't as bad as what i've seen with berger bullets on close impacts. You can just see the huge permanent cavity left by the expansion. Once I trimmed the ragged edges of the meat there wasn't any of the "jelly" that you normally see with high velocity cup and core bullets. But I will also say that i'm going to switch to the 155 hammer once I've used all of these. Living in western virginia two holes helps with tracking.
To finish, this is not a condemnation of the bullet or the design or Steve/Brian/Hammer. I just think I will get performance more to my liking from a more conventional hammer.
Different designs suit different needs...we never know until we try...that's the beauty of new product development! As I posted
..could be a great Bear load.

I will be 😬
Think I can break the 5K barrier?!
12BAA6D3-DEB4-45A5-8833-918240768F3F.jpeg

Honestly the "bloodshot" isn't as bad as what i've seen with berger bullets on close impacts. You can just see the huge permanent cavity left by the expansion. Once I trimmed the ragged edges of the meat there wasn't any of the "jelly" that you normally see with high velocity cup and core bullets. But I will also say that i'm going to switch to the 155 hammer once I've used all of these. Living in western virginia two holes helps with tracking.
To finish, this is not a condemnation of the bullet or the design or Steve/Brian/Hammer. I just think I will get performance more to my liking from a more conventional hammer.
This is why Steve and Brian decided on the hunters series. This bullet was more explosive and in certain situations that's exactly what's is needed. Think of how many people liver Berger because of that. I'm very curious if they will be good for culling pigs and other game or if the shank always leaving the animals is gonna work out better.

I haven't a chance to use Hammer bullet yet, but will sometime here this year I believe. By the way nice muley on your picture. Looks like it would be between 24" and 26" outside width from what I can see of the ears. I don't know if you hunt muley much, but generally from outside tips of there ears to outside set out straight to the sides is about 22". It's a start to judge the width of the horns.

I haven't a chance to use Hammer bullet yet, but will sometime here this year I believe. By the way nice muley on your picture. Looks like it would be between 24" and 26" outside width from what I can see of the ears. I don't know if you hunt muley much, but generally from outside tips of there ears to outside set out straight to the sides is about 22". It's a start to judge the width of the horns.
That muley was shot in Colorado with a 124gr hammer hunter from a 6.5 Creedmoor. It didn't go very far. My dad shot a 3X3 Cryptorchid buck still in the velvet (November) that same day that measured 27" wide and made mine look small. It was a great hunt and terrific meat.

This is why Steve and Brian decided on the hunters series. This bullet was more explosive and in certain situations that's exactly what's is needed. Think of how many people liver Berger because of that. I'm very curious if they will be good for culling pigs and other game or if the shank always leaving the animals is gonna work out better.
I "THINK" it's going to depend on the particular bullet, game size, and terminal velocity.

With the 214 there isn't much it won't do. If I recall there's a video of the petals, and shank, impacting beyond a warthog. I have a hunch recovering one will be unusual.

The discussion of shank/petal ratio is ongoing, with some tweaking of HP depth in some bullets.

I "THINK" it's going to depend on the particular bullet, game size, and terminal velocity.

With the 214 there isn't much it won't do. If I recall there's a video of the petals, and shank, impacting beyond a warthog. I have a hunch recovering one will be unusual.

The discussion of shank/petal ratio is ongoing, with some tweaking of HP depth in some bullets.
That's why I'm thinking I can't go wrong with that one. Not planning on doing those in smaller stuff like my grendel. But the bigger stuff would still be tough to catch a shank.

This is actually what I was hoping for. We will see I was really wanting to see what these Bullets do at extended ranges. Towards the edge of lower velocity for good expansion. The hammers hunters have done awesome up close and mid range. I am looking to test them at 500 and beyond. We can learn from any test and range. I am carrying this bullet until I get an opportunity

Thanks

Buck

This is actually what I was hoping for. We will see I was really wanting to see what these Bullets do at extended ranges. Towards the edge of lower velocity for good expansion. The hammers hunters have done awesome up close and mid range. I am looking to test them at 500 and beyond. We can learn from any test and range. I am carrying this bullet until I get an opportunity

Thanks

Buck
That's exactly what I was thinking. I really wanna see what they do at 800 or more. I've got the 154's at 3352 fps but they fall off hard after 600 in my calculator.

I also was thinking these may cause more damage out at distance. I've run the hammers out to 800 on game and they work fantastic at that range. But as you all know we like to tinker so maybe those longer shots will be a great spot for these to shine.