Any one have a Vortex viper PST 2 in 5x25x50 ?

260remingtom

Hi All I am thinking about buying a vortex viper PST 2 in 5x25x50 not the early 6x24x50 version as the glass on those is not as good. Anyway can you see 22cal bullet hole's at 100 and 200 yards? I have leupold mk4's and March scopes on my other centre fire's but I am building up a 22lr trainer and dont want to get stuck with another scope at home that may not do what I want. Also the vortex goes down to 25 yards on it's parralex dial, which I need for some informal club shoots.
Or can you guy's give me another brand and model that would do what I want. And that is see bullet hole's out to 200 yards on white paper . And go from 5x25x50 power or close to that and focus down to 25 yards. Also this 22lr rifle will be used for a bit or hunting on rabbits, foxes and such on occasion.

Last edited:
No but I have the Nikon in the same size with the Ballistic Drop Compensation reticle with windage indicators. I love it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.