Any on game experience with the 109 Berger hybrid?

wyodeer

I have a bunch of the 109 hybrids for my new 6 creed and just wondering if anybody has any experience on game.
They are pointed so the hollow point is pretty tight. Going to try them out on some rockchucks here soon and see how that goes

I can't image that they would get "reliable" expansion. The 115 Berger hunting VLD is the bullet for the 6 creed. They also shoot better on paper at 1000 yards from my rifles. I tryed them in 1000 yard bench guns and could not get them to shoot as good, and give up on them.

I have a hand drill set and will try that for sure
They shoot so well in my gun that I am hoping they work
Getting well over 3000 fps with a not even close to broke in barrel so it should be up around 3100 after a hundred more rounds or so

My curiosity got to me yesterday so I shot some full speed loads into wet newspaper at 100 yards. Those tips on the 109 are completely closed, but they sure worked ok at close. I get a chance I will find a reduced load that I can test them at 2000 fps, which will be about 800 yard impact velocity. I don't shoot anything under 400 yards so this test was kind of use less !!. I do want to see what those closed tips do at slower velocity even though I won't switch from the 115"s. They shoot better for me at distance and have worked well on game .

Attachments

• 11222ED6-0B48-47EE-B1C4-FC822ABDB52A.jpeg
    11222ED6-0B48-47EE-B1C4-FC822ABDB52A.jpeg
    1,015.9 KB · Views: 176
Mines going to Mexico in January for coues!
Before that it will get tested out on several antelope and whitetails here in Wyoming
Will see how it does on rockchucks here in the next couple weeks and go from there
If they don't seam to work I will get some 108 eol's

My curiosity got to me yesterday so I shot some full speed loads into wet newspaper at 100 yards. Those tips on the 109 are completely closed, but they sure worked ok at close. I get a chance I will find a reduced load that I can test them at 2000 fps, which will be about 800 yard impact velocity. I don't shoot anything under 400 yards so this test was kind of use less !!. I do want to see what those closed tips do at slower velocity even though I won't switch from the 115"s. They shoot better for me at distance and have worked well on game .
Are you using the 115's for hunting? You mentioned the other day on a different thread that you "quit using Bergers for hunting" due to failures.

Are you using the 115's for hunting? You mentioned the other day on a different thread that you "quit using Bergers for hunting" due to failures.
So far I've had real good luck with the 115's on deer elk and antelope. I have had 180 vld's pencil and 300 Berger's pencil. Both on elk. Since switching to 175 lrab in 7 mm I won't go back !!!! Probably use 300 gr smk in my edge until the 300 gr lrab comes out .