Any news on Berger's 338s?

Varminator 911

Has anyone heard anything about the 338 Bergers? If they make a 300, and have to think they will, the bc should be higher than the 300 SMK. Maybe in the 0.9 area?? Some of the 7mm VLDs are near 0.8. Would think a 0.85 or 0.9 should be possible in 338. The more I hear of Bergers the more impressed I am. May be a really good choice for game past 7-800 yds. What do you think?

Thanks!!

Like------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------molasses-----------------------------------------slow in coming out ----------------------but ------sweet.

Take your time berger i'm only 48yrs old ---so take your time...........................

This is what I was told by Eric Stecker of Berger Bullets:

The 338 cal is a huge project for us since none of our existing tooling can be used in making these bullets. Also, as I mentioned above we need to assemble another machine with a longer stroke. Our goal is to finish this project by the end of the year. We have much to do between now and then so I can't say for sure when they will be coming off the press. Check back with us in November to see how we are progressing.

Not soon enough, but it will be great when they get here.:)

Ol Mike ----No way

By the time they come out I'll be nearly 66. The light at the end of the tunnel ain't nearly as bright as they said it was going to be:D

Come on Eric - Get the lead out;););)

By the time they come out I'll be nearly 66. The light at the end of the tunnel ain't nearly as bright as they said it was going to be:D

Come on Eric - Get the lead out;););)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Get the lead out" -----good one!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.