Any kills with 195 Bergers?

The Nilgai in my avatar pic was taken with 195 EOL in a 28 Nosler. 245 yards front facing chest shot. He went about 15 feet and piled up, no exit wound. My bosses 28 Nosler shooting 195s has accounted for 5 Nilgai, 1 Waterbuck, and a big Saskatchewan Mule Deer. All where one shot DRT or if they ran it was 20 yards or less. Distance on the shots range from 200ish on the Nilgai/Waterbuck to 550 on the mule deer. I'm a believer in the Berger 195's

I think the 195 is too much for the 7 wsm's as they don't get them fast enough for my likes so I run 180 eld's there. In my old 28 Nosler they were wicked good but the extra 200 FPS surely helped.
You don't think 2900 fps with a 195 would be a good killer?
At 1k Its moving at 1850 and has 1450 ft lbs at 3000 ft elevation.

probably would work just fine but due to length would be seated pretty deep. i opted to give up a little bc and wind drift to gain the extra speed and seating length of the 180
Gotcha makes sense on a SA
I'm running my 7wsm on a LA so it should work well I'm hoping..

The 195's are looking good at 2880 from my wsm.
Couple 2 shot groups from this morning at 775 yards
20201120_132350.jpg

20201120_132330.jpg

And here's a recovered bullet that I sent through a milk jug and a 6" beam at 560 yards.
I'm impressed so far.
20201120_132413.jpg

I've witnessed over a dozen animals killed with the 195, as a spotter or helping a few friends get their game. Deer antelope and elk. From all instances with proper shot placement kills were quick and ethical. A few the the elk took a quick follow up shot, but they were dead on their feet from the first. The most IMPORTANT thing to do, is get a wire drill bit and ensure the tip is open down to the lead. Sometimes polishing compound plugs the tip in the manufacturing process, this WILL keep the bullet from expanding. At close distances, avoid impacts on large shoulders of elk, this can cause the bullet to over expand/blow up and not penatrate into vitals.

@Send it 284 Is that mild steel or AR500? Looks like there wasn't much energy at that range and let's hope, animals don't start wearing armor 🙏
Still packing over 1800 ft lbs at my elevation of 3300'.
I was actually really impressed with the dent that they made, looked like the same size as the ones from a 215 berger at the same range.
175 accubonds just made a little lead smear with zero denting

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.