Any interest in the Mausingfield?

I'm enjoying this thread.

Very informative discussion by reputable folks.

However, I'm afraid that if I had one, I couldn't resist firing up the 3d printer and replacing the bolt knob with a naked Marilyn Monroe. Picture that folks!:)

I just got mine on Friday and assembled the rifle in a little over an hour. It is very smooth, feeds great and shoots just as well.

I used a Pac-Nor pre fit barrel, 30" heavy Palma contour chambered in .300 Win mag. Still breaking in the barrel while working up loads with the 215 Berger Hybrids. All of my loads have been between .5 and .75 MOA and from 2830 to 2915 fps. The higher loads sure do smack the gong pretty good at 350 yds.

I see a lot of people comment about the bolt knob but after using it I can see the reasoning behind it. It allows you to slide your hand up and the knob keeps your hand centered on the end for maximum amount of leverage without actually grabbing the bolt. I personally think it looks pretty cool so I'm keep it the way it is.

Heading to the range later today to do some more load development but honestly for putting together my first custom rifle I couldn't be happier with the results.

EDIT: Not sure why the picture won't turn the right way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Because you are using an apple computer. I´ve been having the same issue on all vbulletin based forums. Apple says it´s a compatibility problem that vbulletin has to fix.
Really annoying.

The Mausingfield actions are absolutely beautiful! I've had the chance to handle a few of them and the bolt handle makes sense once you cycle the action. The only reason I haven't built off of one yet is that 90% of my guns are single shots. The only time the Mausingfield shows any advantage is when it's run as a repeater.

I just got mine on Friday and assembled the rifle in a little over an hour. It is very smooth, feeds great and shoots just as well.

I used a Pac-Nor pre fit barrel, 30" heavy Palma contour chambered in .300 Win mag. Still breaking in the barrel while working up loads with the 215 Berger Hybrids. All of my loads have been between .5 and .75 MOA and from 2830 to 2915 fps. The higher loads sure do smack the gong pretty good at 350 yds.

I see a lot of people comment about the bolt knob but after using it I can see the reasoning behind it. It allows you to slide your hand up and the knob keeps your hand centered on the end for maximum amount of leverage without actually grabbing the bolt. I personally think it looks pretty cool so I'm keep it the way it is.

Heading to the range later today to do some more load development but honestly for putting together my first custom rifle I couldn't be happier with the results.

Sounds good!

My LA is at Benchmark Barrels getting the shank spun…the barrel has been waiting for well over six months…Just like you, I am getting the barrel, with a barrel nut, so I can make changes at home…also with a Mag bolt face...

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.