Any interest in buying our own LR shooting range in SW Montana?

MontanaRifleman

Any interest in this? It seems that we have a lot of guys in the area here who are long rangers and maybe if we get enough who are willing to donate some dollars we could pull this off.

I was thinking something along the lines of a couple of adjacent sections of land where we could set up a few ranges and be able to shoot to 2500-3000 yards.

We could build a club house for various functions including how to seminars on say, bedding, hand loading techniques, scope mounting, etc. And also put up some indoor benches for onsite load development. We could also have LR shooting shooting classes and other shooting events.

We could also eventually put some cabins for overnight accommodations.

I usually have a good chunk of time off in the winter months so I would also be willing to donate my construction skills.

Thoughts?

Mark

Sounds like an awesome idea! But unfortunately with me being newly married, and trying to get into grad school, it would only be a dream of mine. Good luck with getting it started!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.