Any information on the new Nightforce NXS 12X to 42X?

Darryl Cassel

Hello

Does anyone out there own the new Nightforce NXS 12X to 42X with the sidewheel focus?

Please give us some information first hand on the scope if you do. No hear say, please

We know they are a quality scope but, I have not heard too much about that model yet.
Maybe theres not enough of them in service.

I understand they are about $1500.00.

Anyone care to comment?

Darryl Cassel

HELLO DARRYL I have a NIGHTFORCE 12X42 NXS ,I think the scope is fantastic in fact I have two{2}nxs the [email protected] both scopes have the np2dd reticle Iuse the scopes in Fclass competition and think the clarity and brightness are supperior to all the mk4s that i own i have shott the 12x42 in matches at 1000 yrds and was verry well pleased although I own the 12x42 i find it to much scope for my type of shooting{300-900 meters}95% of my shooting is done at 22x and I find Iam able to see mirrage and range flags well at this setting if the scope was to used primarily at the 900m@BEYONDgreat but for my type of shooting i preffer 22x in fact I was considering selling my 12x42 and aquiring another 5,5x22 simmply to have the exact same scope on both twin rifles, but if I dont it surely wouldnt break my heart -DARRYL I think that the nxs scopes are supperior to anything out on the market at present with the exception of possibly a us optics product but at this time Ihavnt seen a us optics scope to evaluate so I cant comment on them but Ihave owned PLENTY of other scopes primarily leupolds and find the nxs supperiour with mk4 in second place {Iown several mk4} this is simply my humble yet experienced opinion

ED.

HELLO DARRYL I have a NIGHTFORCE 12X42 NXS ,I think the scope is fantastic in fact I have two{2}nxs the [email protected] both scopes have the np2dd reticle Iuse the scopes in Fclass competition and think the clarity and brightness are supperior to all the mk4s that i own i have shott the 12x42 in matches at 1000 yrds and was verry well pleased although I own the 12x42 i find it to much scope for my type of shooting{300-900 meters}95% of my shooting is done at 22x and I find Iam able to see mirrage and range flags well at this setting if the scope was to used primarily at the 900m@BEYONDgreat but for my type of shooting i preffer 22x in fact I was considering selling my 12x42 and aquiring another 5,5x22 simmply to have the exact same scope on both twin rifles, but if I dont it surely wouldnt break my heart -DARRYL I think that the nxs scopes are supperior to anything out on the market at present with the exception of possibly a us optics product but at this time Ihavnt seen a us optics scope to evaluate so I cant comment on them but Ihave owned PLENTY of other scopes primarily leupolds and find the nxs supperiour with mk4 in second place {Iown several mk4} this is simply my humble yet experienced opinion

ED.

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.