Any info on a Remington 700 build in 300 WSM

7mmbandit

if anyone can help me out with some pointers on a build i would like to commence.
Only 2 things im certain about, 1 is the model 700 barreled action, 2 is the game scout or sporter! other than that i can use some help...lol..
-Remington 700 in 300 wsm
-thinking of either a Mcmillan game scout stock or a3 sporter
an to be totally honest i dont have any real solid idea's on what else would be good to make it a accurate rifle. A friend of mine suggested to add a PacificToolGauge bolt.

but if anyone has any ideas that might help me out it would be much appreciated.

also forgot to state that its primarily going to be used to hunt moose,an elk at anywhere from 200-400 yds . Weight is not an issue . its going to be my first build
thx!!!

I reccomend the Competetive Edge Gun Works bolt over the PTG, it is spiral fluted, has tactical knob and uses a pinned M16 style extractor, then put a PTG/Callahan speedlock in that. You will also want a good trigger, Jewell is the best but sometimes not for hunting, that said the Rifle Basix L1 is very nice as well. I'm guessing your using a short action so in that case you will need a Wyatts window box extended magazine or you can use an AI, Badger, or Seekins bottom metal setup. I'd go ahead and get a one piece base as well, no need for an elevated one for your use.. lastly even though they are loud I would put a muzzle break on it, Vias are among the quietest. Barrel contour, a 26" Sendaro contour will do great, Lilja, Kreiger, Brux, and Benchmark are my top picks, broughton, bartlien, and rockcreek are also great.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.