Any help with Montana antelope

Idaho Hunter

Its probably on here som place but I haven't found it yet. I'm planning an antelope hunt this fall in Montana. I have never hunted antelope before or in Montana. I have been told unit 705 is a good unit.

Does anybody have any good info? Is there public land thats accesible? Are there lots of tags? How about the animal numbers?

I know lots of questions but I'm a lost confused person some days.

All of the 700 zone below MT route 200 would be good to excellent 'loper hunting areas. Altho', around Jordan can be very good for antelope. Contact MT FW&P for BMP info.

elkoholic72..........

I live in Priest River Its about an hour north of Cour d' alene. Its good bear country, and with the mild winter I'm hoping spring bear will be a good success. I have some questions about the Montana draw. My dad and a good friend would like to hunt as well does Montana offer draw hunts that multiple people can put in for at the same time, so if one person gets the tag they all get the tag or you all don't get the tag? If you are interested in doing some trading PM me, or e-mail me at [email protected]

MT does have a party system, I think it is max 6, but you need to check, get the regs. They list areas and map, have the year previous draw odds, as well as numbers per unit, not multiple like ID, to a point. Archery gives alot of units, not as sure on out of state, but regs and map great place to start

sp6x6

Thanks for the info. I called MN fish and game they are mailing me the regs, but they won't be available until the end of march. I was just hopeing to get some info early so I can plan some scouting trips.

Just get a 700 tag. That allows you to hunt the whole eastern side of the state. You can usually purchase two doe tags after puchasing the either sex tag. I hunt mostly BLM, state, and Block Management. Never had a problem filling tags! They normally release 12,000+ tags for this unit.

elkoholic72

Thanks for the help. If I draw a either sex tag, I can purchase up to two more doe tags? That could make for a fun week of hunting. and well worth the trip.:)

Yes the does are good practice and you can just eat one as camp meat while you:Dr there

Its probably on here som place but I haven't found it yet. I'm planning an antelope hunt this fall in Montana. I have never hunted antelope before or in Montana. I have been told unit 705 is a good unit.

Does anybody have any good info? Is there public land thats accesible? Are there lots of tags? How about the animal numbers?

I know lots of questions but I'm a lost confused person some days.

Did you hunt the 700 areas for antelope in 2010? I am planning on hunting those areas in 2012 and putting together information.

Thanks.

Be aware that the winter this year really hammered them, especially the northeastern 1/4 of the state. Depending on what survived, it may be a little more dificult to tag a real good one over the next couple years. Good luck in your search for a spot.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.