Any experience with xo hunt on iPhone?

With a GPS you can simply buy the SD card for the state for $100 and have it forever. Can you do that with the phone app? looks like with the phone app it is $30 a year, which is gonna get expensive after several years.

Also on the phone app does it include all states then?

Yes I have the IPhone XR and works great. People have said it takes a lot of space but trust me it doesn't touch the amount of space on these phones

I'm new to the Onx. I have different waypoints marked now how do I get it to track my movements or even location? I have it on my iPhone.

The gps has a limited map view.With phone you get google earth and many other layers.The phone is always updated,not sure it is on card,which I also have.People that off road and overland say that the GAIA,is less money for basic,$10 year and all states.OnX,is per state.Phone you can see parks clearcuts,etc,old roads.Much more info than a gps

With on x ots either $30 for 1 state or $100 for all of them per year-- - cant buy more than 1 state without upgrading to all of them-- I love mine, so many layers and info that std GPS never even thought of having. Has landowner info, burn scars, water, road usage, species maps, on and on...download the maps ahead of time for sure.

I have the 1 state (Texas) ONx hunt. Will it mark my location and track my movement? I need to go from one waypoint to many different waypoints. But I need to know where I am so I know which way to go.
I'm sure this is much simpler than I'm making it. Thanks again.

I have the 1 state (Texas) ONx hunt. Will it mark my location and track my movement? I need to go from one waypoint to many different waypoints. But I need to know where I am so I know which way to go.
I'm sure this is much simpler than I'm making it. Thanks again.
Bottom right button "tracker"

Last edited:
For me, it's one of the all time best investments I've had for both work and recreation. If it's available in your area then I can't imagine not having it!! And keep you GPS as well as a back up.

Debating if the $30 a year is worth it and if it works as good as they say?
Go to camofire.com I got my subscription from them for 17.00 for a year works on my I phone great did have to call them because I started out with a Samsung phone took about 5 minutes for their tech to walk me through putting it on my new phone. David

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.