Any experience with U.S. Optics FDN 25x?

They are etched not wire no?

Okay, I kept waiting for someone more authoritative than me to weigh in on this...

I just looked. The Vortex Razor AMG only *currently* offers two reticles, both of which are glass etched. There is no reticle wire. And why would they go through all the trouble to ensure every part is sourced in the US only to offer a German part that can easily be done in the US? That doesn't make sense to me personally.

Okay, I kept waiting for someone more authoritative than me to weigh in on this...

I just looked. The Vortex Razor AMG only *currently* offers two reticles, both of which are glass etched. There is no reticle wire. And why would they go through all the trouble to ensure every part is sourced in the US only to offer a German part that can easily be done in the US? That doesn't make sense to me personally.

Perhaps you should ask them directly.

ADDED: 09/21/20

Because I too am curious, I sent a query "directly" to Vortex about this issue. We shall see what kind of response I get.

Last edited:
I was told at one time they used one outsourced part on the scope it was a German built reticle and this was due to the cost stateside to produce it..however it has been sometime since then.
You are correct they are etched I misspoke on the reticle style.

I currently own one and have sold several they are as American built as I could find and are a great optic. If they are 100 percent American made no one is happier than myself.

Yep, thanks for asking @FEENIX ...I just logged on to send a message to Vortex myself. Please let us know what they say. I bought an AMG a few months ago and so I'm curious if I was bamboozled into thinking it was 100% US made. ;) (It won't bug me too much.) Even more importantly to me, I don't want to give others incorrect information about the scope.

Maybe you should flip your scope over and read it .

Attachments

• 20200921_071229.jpg
    20200921_071229.jpg
    926 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Thank you Feenix, will be interesting to see the responses.

Yep, thanks for asking @FEENIX ...I just logged on to send a message to Vortex myself. Please let us know what they say. I bought an AMG a few months ago and so I'm curious if I was bamboozled into thinking it was 100% US made. ;) (It won't bug me too much.) Even more importantly to me, I don't want to give others incorrect information about the scope.

For what it is worth ...

USO where F series are made from.JPG

Vortex where AMG is made from.JPG

Ed

Thank you, that's good info right there.

It looks like someone should tell Vortex that 2% may disqualify them from having "the most American made riflescope on the market."

By the way, I recognize that Kayleigh from USO and she was super helpful when I was buying my scope years ago.

Thanks again @FEENIX

Thank you, that's good info right there.

It looks like someone should tell Vortex that 2% may disqualify them from having "the most American made riflescope on the market."

By the way, I recognize that Kayleigh from USO and she was super helpful when I was buying my scope years ago.

Thanks again @FEENIX

You're quite welcome!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts