Any experience with OptiCo scopes?

Hi All
I've been looking at purchasing a new scope and ran across this brand.
They advertise as being a Montana company, but no mention of where the scopes and/or the components are actually made.
The warranty isn't as good as others- 5 year replacement/lifetime "50% Replacement", but if they are that good maybe that isn't an issue?
I haven't seen this brand mentioned before and just wondered if anyone had any experience?

Ron
Hello, wish I had seen this when you posted though I think we spoke on the phone. The warranty is actually lifetime transferable. The initial early terms were changed after feedback in the early months. Our objective is: to be the best accurate value for hunters shooting the confident limit of their cartridge. Some of the comments in this thread describe more demanding target style shooting and none have actually shot with an OptiCo scope. For instance, I'm sure most OptiCo customers are using rings less than ~$40. The biggest topic seems to be Mildot reticle and MOA turrets. Mildot reticle is easiest to range =1,000(target size)/dots. MOA turrets are best suited to most American hunters using inches and yards. The first 3 dots can be estimated as 3.5, 7, 10 MOA (even 3 for the 1st dot isn't much problem.) No difficult conversions are necessary and there is a 1st Focal Plane Ballistic Calculator at the website. With accurate turrets, I suggest using them for dope over 7moa (>400yds.) Out to ~700yds with big game, a range finder is not critical and the savings can be invested in improving the firearm package. OptiCo will be at the Kalispell Gun Show March 23-25, 2018. Hope to meet some of you there.

Last edited:
I have two of the OptiCo scopes, the 4 x 14 and the 6 x 24. The 4 x 14 is on a 300 win and the 6 x 24 is on my 6.5 x 284. I am not sure where the negative remarks are coming from but these scopes are great. They track well, they are clear and go back to zero after range time. Both of my rifles are for long range hunting and are set up for 1100 yards. I have had no issues with the scopes. They do have a return policy for any scope that has issues. I would not use it for a large caliber magnum. If you want a good scope to start out long range hunting then these are it. I got mine at Bob Wards in Helena.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.