Any experience with Miroku Shotguns???

Jinx

I want to purchase a pump action shotgun. The local gun dealer said a Miroku Shotgun is quite good and reliable. I want to use it mainly for hunting ( wing-shooting and bush-pig hunting). Its almost impossible to get a license for a semi-auto, thus its either a double or pump-action. The other motivation for the pump-action is, I want to use it for self defense if the need arises.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

They make Browning's shotguns, which are very well respected. I've got a BPS and Citori, both of which I think are Miroku. Go for it.

I've got a Miroku over and under from back in the 60's-70's. It's on line with the 101 Winchester of that time and just a bit below the Browning Superposed. They may not have kept up in price, but at the time the Win and Miroku were priced the same and i prefered the Miroku. It's been a great gun.

The BC Miroku company made Charles Daly O/U, pumps. They made the famous Browning BT99 Trap guns, I've owned all of these and they are great guns, very well made:)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.