Any experience with Hammers in 338 Norma?

I just got some 285 grain hammers and I'm looking forward to testing these out. I'm running a 28 inch Brux, nine twist barrel and it is shooting 300 gr match kings at half minute or less out to 950 yards using Vihtavuori N570 powder. This Powder has given me the best extreme spread and standard deviation numbers so far with the MatchKings, standard deviation usually well into the single digits. I'm curious if anybody has any experience using these projectiles with this cartridge and if anybody has any advice for load data(?) I've loaded four .020" off the lands and a little under my current charge weight to get an idea for what to expect with velocities. The 300gr MatchKings are running right at 2700 fps with 86.3 gr and no pressure problems.
Thanks for any advice or insight…

Attachments

• F4FC92AA-6411-44AD-B0DC-62D098DF80CB.jpeg
    F4FC92AA-6411-44AD-B0DC-62D098DF80CB.jpeg
    678.9 KB · Views: 53
I ran a few 240 SDozier in mine.I actually had a few brass and only test I did was shot a 6x6 with at about 200.In and out opposite shoulder few steps ,dead elk,no suprize.Plan some loads yet this winter.

There's
I just got some 285 grain hammers and I'm looking forward to testing these out. I'm running a 28 inch Brux, nine twist barrel and it is shooting 300 gr match kings at half minute or less out to 950 yards using Vihtavuori N570 powder. This Powder has given me the best extreme spread and standard deviation numbers so far with the MatchKings, standard deviation usually well into the single digits. I'm curious if anybody has any experience using these projectiles with this cartridge and if anybody has any advice for load data(?) I've loaded four .020" off the lands and a little under my current charge weight to get an idea for what to expect with velocities. The 300gr MatchKings are running right at 2700 fps with 86.3 gr and no pressure problems.
Thanks for any advice or insight…
A little bit of load data is listed for the big guys in the Hammer Hunter Load Data on this forum.
Please share your data when you're done. Note all the required data for completeness. Thanks!