Any experience with Gunwerks Werkman?

Descartian

I'm just getting into long range shooting so be gentle.

Does anyone have experience with the Gunwerks Werkman?

Keep in mind I'm just getting into the sport. I barely have time to shoot let alone reload so I'll be using factory ammo.

I know there are far better scopes out there and of course there are better rifles (possibly for the price).

The attraction is getting into the sport with a turnkey product, including BDC.

I'd love your opinion of that specific platform. My thought it would be a good starting point with minimal trial and error and a base to determine what I like and develop my next purchase from that standard.

The Werkman was just released a couple of weeks ago, so likely won't get any reviews.

Gunwerks builds a great rifle - I have a Magnus chambered in 7 SAUM and I've been very impressed with the fit, finish, and precision. The GLR action used on the Werkman (and others) is very smooth. My dad has a Magnus in 6 Creed with the original Magnus stock (the one on the Werkman) and it's one of my favorite stocks. Very nice ergonomics and really comfortable to get behind.

I think it's a solid offering and given my experience (my brother's and my dad's as well) with their products, I think you'll be very happy with it.

You barely have time to shoot and you are going to drop $5k on a long range combo? I'd think you would want something way cheaper than that to see if you like it.

You barely have time to shoot and you are going to drop $5k on a long range combo? I'd think you would want something way cheaper than that to see if you like it.
I do hunt a couple times a year and this gun would do double duty so a little easier to justify. I do get out to the range quite a bit but usually pistols only. The nearest long range is 45 minutes away without traffic and a PITA to get to. Plus I have no kids and a great wife so dropping that cash on a rifle I'll keep for the next 20 years isn't that big of a deal. I'm still shooting the same deer rifle I bought in 1991/92.

That's not a terrible deal. I've also done a Pierce engineering build of parts ones likes.
Recently did one for a friend. Then sent off to hammer for load work. It returned with 100 rounds of custom ammo and the data. Then just order turrets from Kenton to match load and elevations needed.

If you want to avoid the rabbit hole that that is never ending research, choosing build parts, reloading, picking the perfect scope, etc and get straight to the range and ready to hunt I think that's a good option. Price really isn't bad for a dialed in ready to go rig and to be honest it might save you money and time in the end.

If you want to avoid the rabbit hole that that is never ending research, choosing build parts, reloading, picking the perfect scope, etc and get straight to the range and ready to hunt I think that's a good option. Price really isn't bad for a dialed in ready to go rig and to be honest it might save you money and time in the end.
I'm definitely a rabbit hole guy. I keep doing more research and ending up with a $10k-$15k build and having to do all the foot work on it. This just seemed an "economical" and fast way of getting my feet wet.

Ya it's easy to do, you end up more of a hobbyist gunsmith than shooting when you get free time. Handloading is another monster in itself. I think you're on the right track. Before investing in loading setups and driving yourself up a wall with research that one gets you to the range with factory ammo on day one. If you think your going to stick with it then dive in head first.

Ya it's easy to do, you end up more of a hobbyist gunsmith than shooting when you get free time. Handloading is another monster in itself. I think you're on the right track. Before investing in loading setups and driving yourself up a wall with research that one gets you to the range with factory ammo on day one. If you think your going to stick with it then dive in head first.
I'd truly love to get into reloading, both bulk progressive for my high use cartridges and single stage press for my hunting rifles. I just can not devote the time for it as I work 7 days a week.

I'm sure I will get blasted for this but in my opinion it's really not worth building an all out custom rifle and not having custom ammo to go with it whether you find the load yourself or have it done for you. In your scenario, the rifle your looking it is scoped ready to roll and reamed for
Specific factory ammo, I'm guessing with a moa or better guarantee. If you like the bullet it's reamed for and want to get straight to shooting it'll get you there. The money you save from avoiding the rabbit hole will pay for a good or shooting class if you wanted to do that too.

I bought the rifle package based on the good reviews I've read online on Gunwerks and the opinion of my ffl transfer guy who is a competitive long range shooter who got a Werkman through his shop a few weeks ago and said it looked very well built.

They shipped it out today, I should have a range report and some grouping photos by next week.