Any experience with Bertram 7mm WSM brass?

Hiwayman92

I've got a bunch of Winchester and Federal brass, but in my relentless pursuit to reinvent the wheel, I'm curious of your experience with Bertram brass. I'm about to start over with a fresh barrel so now would be the time to change if it was worth it... thoughts?

As long as I fully prep the Winchester brass it seems to be pretty tough also, I've yet to lose any after 5 firings. I haven't tried the Federal brass yet, but used it in my 300 WSM until I could thumb seat the primers after 6-7 firings. No neck issues even without annealing. I now bought an annealer so that won't be an issue. Do you think Bertram is worth the extra money?

I am getting 10-12 reloads on the 338 RUM brass but their is not a lot of options. I have not had to many problems with Winchester if sorted. Bertram seems to be more available

As long as I fully prep the Winchester brass it seems to be pretty tough also, I've yet to lose any after 5 firings. Do you think Bertram is worth the extra money?
Extra money?? I paid over $2 a piece for my Winchester 7WSM brass. In the complete absence of any production brass it was well worth it. The Winchester brass has shot very well after a little prepping and I'm glad I grabbed it.
I've got enough Win brass for the life of two new barrels. :>)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.