Any experience with Atibal scopes?

Thanks. The pics are helpful.
I called Ed at GRSC earlier this afternoon(per HIS request via email). After 1.5 hrs, the sum up is his 1-10 is the same as my Atibal, just different turrets and reticle. He did say that reticle on his washes out some before going in to scope shadow too, so not much may be gained aside from the reticle choice. Ed stated his earlier 1-6 models were 1k scopes made in Japan through LOW and are better optically(in case anyone wanted that info). As it stands, his scope is about $200 less than Atibals if you prefer the reticle/adjustments and don't need lifetime warranty.

good luck finding a scope made in the USA for less than 2 arms and a leg. i dont know the exact number, but only 70-75% of the components of a product have to be made here in order to claim that something is made in the usa. i dont think any optic lenses are being made here anymore. i try to buy stuff made in america no matter what it is. i spent 10 minutes picking out a sledge hammer at lowes the other day trying to find one that i was sure was made here. but sometimes you just can't.

i was looking at the atibal 1-4x for my AR pistol as the reviews i found all said the glass was exceptional. i didnt want exposed turrets though, so i ended up going with a vortex strike eagle 1-6x. palmetto state armory has them on sale for $300 shipped with a vortex mount.

good luck finding a scope made in the USA for less than 2 arms and a leg. i dont know the exact number, but only 70-75% of the components of a product have to be made here in order to claim that something is made in the usa. i dont think any optic lenses are being made here anymore. i try to buy stuff made in america no matter what it is. i spent 10 minutes picking out a sledge hammer at lowes the other day trying to find one that i was sure was made here. but sometimes you just can't.

i was looking at the atibal 1-4x for my AR pistol as the reviews i found all said the glass was exceptional. i didnt want exposed turrets though, so i ended up going with a vortex strike eagle 1-6x. palmetto state armory has them on sale for $300 shipped with a vortex mount.

Sad but true. I hope to see made in the USA products again.

Gotta pay attention to American made and assembled in America. Lots of people get the 2 mixed up lol.
I'm not too picky on where something is made(although I do prefer American made). Fact is, I've have Chinese and other sourced items outlast American made and vise versa of course. I tend to go by the company's track record. If a company builds crap, or treats customers as such is doomed to fail(business natural selection). There are several scopes I'd like to try, but they don't have a US distributor to send it to when/if it fails. A few years ago I spent almost $500 on a China direct scope because I liked the reticle(Mounted and sighted in on my Rem 700). After 2 trips to range, the elevation won't adjust and I have no way to fix it unless I pay to send it back and repair which will probably be at least half of the purchase price. I cannot find anyone here stateside that'll touch it, so I'm stuck. Another story, my buddy used to have a Kimber 1911(bought new). After a few years, it started to double-fire, so he called Kimber. They admitted to using inferior metal for the sears in the batch of S/N's his was a part of. Why they chose a different metal than previous runs, we don't know but can assume. They said they would fix it, but charge him shipping, parts and labor.

I do my darndest to buy lifetime warranty items, especially firearm related. If a company doesn't believe in their product, then why should I?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.