Any bullet other than Nosler

We are very passionate about our bullets and we all have our favorites and our ones we dislike. It is very important to match the bullet to the type of shooting we are loading for. I'm a whitetail hunter in the Southeast and believe a bonded bullet is best for the game I am hunting. It's only every other year will I shoot a buck that is 200 plus pounds. I love loading Hammers, Barnes, and Bergers (bonded) but the vast majority of kills I have made over the last 40 years have been with Noslers and they have proven for my application, an excellent bullet. I'm nowhere saying they are the best, just stating the results in my hunting. That's why I'm so ****ed at them and choosing not to be monogamous even tho I never was. Done ranting!

I've looked through the entire line of Hornady bullets and could not find what a previous contributer called a certain Hornady bullet a "Interbond ". I did however find the old tried and true "Interlock ". Perhaps he meant "Accubond" by another manufacturer.

I've looked through the entire line of Hornady bullets and could not find what a previous contributer called a certain Hornady bullet a "Interbond ". I did however find the old tried and true "Interlock ". Perhaps he meant "Accubond" by another manufacturer.
That's because they probably don't make them anymore. Hornady definitely used to make an InterBond.
IMG_4459.jpeg

That's because they probably don't make them anymore. Hornady definitely used to make an InterBond. View attachment 458752
Some are still to be found on the shelves locally. I won't buy them because if I get a good load worked up, they will be unavailable. Interlocks are cheaper and a great medium range bullet.

It's a business strategy/decision they have to live with. I am OK with that, as there as other options. I used NP, NAB, and BT for a long time. I made the switch long ago, but I will never leave them or any other company such a comment for their business decision. But that's just me. Moving on ...
I'm with you on that. Difficult decisions are made every day whether right or wrong...

I've been able to find the 140 grain Nosler Ballistic tips in several stores in 6.5mm. My son shot a deer and an antelope with them last year. The deer was at 100 yards, and the antelope was at 246. Both of them dropped where they stood. The deer was a neck shot (only shot available to him) and the antelope was in the vitals. I've also shot the 150 grain BTs out of my 30-06 for years. They do a fantastic job!

So, if you can't find the ABs, give the BTs a try.

The Sierra Game Changer is a great bullet. Has decent BC and it's tougher than their Game King and Pro Hunter line. I've used them on Cow Elk from a 7 Rem Mag and she went nowhere. My friend has used them on deer, pigs, and a bull elk. He is really happy with them as well.

I am done looking for Nosler Accubonds I really like the nosler but I'm ready to move on to something that is some what available at some point Loading for 6.5 prc and 7 mag 140-160 gr mainly deer hunting 500 600 yd max
I was using Hornady ELD-X 162gr. in my 28 Nosler when I couldn't find Nosler ABLR
I have a box of 85 pieces left I will sell for $30.00 shipped if you want to try them
I sold you 7mm and don't need them.

Last edited:
Used to be all i shot. At least Nosler answered some of you. I email them long ago when they changed the shape of BT bullets without saying anything. Had 2 boxes and they were different shapes and lengths. Found out when my preset die seated the bullets to the wrong length. Crickets..... Now that they are priced crazy high like Potterfield is pricing them, I have switched as well.