Any body ever had this happen?

The water did not hurt your brass, any residue on your cases is from your water. Do you have rust in your water.
Your case necks need annealing is why they are cracking
Annealing shouldn't be necessary after only 2 firings though. I've had Nosler brass go 10 firings without annealing or failures. I've also never had dish soap and water cause corrosion and cracks. I would suspect that maybe its just a bad batch.

Annealing shouldn't be necessary after only 2 firings though. I've had Nosler brass go 10 firings without annealing or failures. I've also never had dish soap and water cause corrosion and cracks. I would suspect that maybe its just a bad batch.
Depends on what cartridge and what kind of loads. I've had 257wby brass split after two firings and 204 ruger brass also split after two firings

The last couple post by shooter7 & Canhunter35 made me wonder about the brass in general, as I have a hard time believing washing had anything to do with it splitting? Since I have never split any brass before not sure how it usually splits? Here is a couple pics of how the brass split, hope the pic shows how the splits kinda Y`s out near the shoulder? Is this what a split neck usually looks like. the split areas look really thin to me??
100_7010.JPG
100_7011.JPG

The last couple post by shooter7 & Canhunter35 made me wonder about the brass in general, as I have a hard time believing washing had anything to do with it splitting? Since I have never split any brass before not sure how it usually splits? Here is a couple pics of how the brass split, hope the pic shows how the splits kinda Y`s out near the shoulder? Is this what a split neck usually looks like. the split areas look really thin to me??View attachment 110700 View attachment 110701
Looks to me like you need to anneal

Cinchy here are a couple of factory Hornady 257 Rob rounds that must have missed their QC process just to show the very beginning of neck cracks. It really surprises me that your Nosler cases have cracked that badly after only two reloads. I'm with Canhunter35 regarding water not causing these cracks, how many brass taps and flower vases are there out there that aren't cracked?
20181119_104426.jpg

I clean all my brass in SS pins with spent primers removed. I have never seen any adverse effects. I tumble, let dry and then anneal, then standard sizing etc. I do use imperial dry neck lube inside my necks before seating, but I personally have never witnessed any adverse problems using SS pins. I have never seen cases with split neck, that is crazy. I would just assume they are just so hard and brittle which exploited any imperfections in the case necks. Crazy.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.