Any 6.8 SPC shooters here

Bkmuschalek78

Just finished assembling my second 6.8. I used a Mcgowen 7.2" barrel on this one and I'm looking for some opinion on optics. I run a 4x-16x on my ARP 16" but I'm torn between a red dot or magnified on the pistol. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg to buy a scope but would like a nice optic.

No, I never drank the Kool-Aid... I went 6.5 Grendel, and have been happy ever since. :cool:

As for optics... I run a special SWFA SS scope they don't offer anymore... It's a 3-15x42 with their MQ-DMR reticle with a 2" sunshade and a Tennebreaux kill-flash setup in a Vortex CM-202 mount. Sadly, they don't make that particular scope anymore, but it's a smoking optic, and has a built-in range-finding reticle setup. For a DMR/Sniper/LR setup, that scope is the way to go. You might can find one online somewhere, but I strongly give a thumbs-up! Contact Dillon Hazelwood over at SWFA, and he might still have one in stock, or know how to get a hold of one. Tell him MudRunner2005 sent you. Can't guarantee the success, but it's worth the shot. ;)

I don't have a 6.8 pistol, mine is a bison armory 18inch with a 3-10. If I were you i would go with a red dot/magnifier combo. Best of both worlds. That's what I'm going to do on my 5.56 pistol I'm building.

With a pistol configuration I would definitely be looking at red dot. getting on target quick will be difficult with a scope on a pistol platform. Not likely to get much range from such a short pipe. I have been having success with my 512 trijicon and it uses AA batteries.
What bullets you plan on shooting through this?

With a pistol configuration I would definitely be looking at red dot. getting on target quick will be difficult with a scope on a pistol platform. Not likely to get much range from such a short pipe. I have been having success with my 512 trijicon and it uses AA batteries.
What bullets you plan on shooting through this?
You mean EOTech?

I used a 1.5-4.5 weaver classic extreme on my 7.2"--- got 2250 from 110ab reloads and 2310 from 95ttsx reloads

Can even push the 130 vld to 2750 with special powder loaded past mag length in a 20" arp barrel

I put the primary arms micro with a 6x magnifier and I can't get used to the blurry dot that I get with the magnifier in line.

I have and have built several 6.8s. I also have an ARP 12.5 inch barrel that I'm going to use in a build as soon as I get my tax stamp. My plans are to run something like a 2x7 on top and a small red dot 45 degree offset from the top rail. I have seen several set up this way and not only does it make sense but it's very nice to have the best of both worlds.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.