Any 35 Cal fans out there?

I love the 35 Whelen, one of my favorite close range deer cartridges. 358 Winchester would be fun but I've never owned one or shot one. Some day I'd like to own every 30-06 based cartridge, from 6mm-06 up to 375 whelen. I feel like 375 whelen would be devastating on moose in the brushy parts of Alaska.

350 Rem mag in a Remington 600 and TC Encore. 200 gr Barnes. Ramshot Tac is the shiznit. The encore just doesnt like it. The 600 is 2700 fps from an 18" barrel with the starting load per Barnes. Plenty more on the table but its enough for me. The encore likes Reloader 17.

I almost bought a Remington 660 in 350 Remington 2 years ago. But looked into ammo and reloading components, and could not find either. So I held off on the purchase. Really liked the balance of the gun!!
I bought my Model 7 as a spur of the moment purchase. Guy was hard up for cash and had the rifle. Never even heard of the caliber before but for three bills I wasn't going to let a brand new looking Model 7 pass me by.
It took me six months to locate 350 Rem Mag stamped brass and two or three months to get a set of Dies.
I was able to make some brass from 300WM brass I had laying around. A lot of work but it got me shooting.
I found some of the Hornady 180gr single shot pistol bullets meant for the 35 Rem locally and then ordered the Sierra 225gr Game Kings and 250gr Hornady bullets as well. There wasn't a single load that the gun didn't like. I stacked 5 of the 180gr bullets on top of one another with my first load of BL-C (2). It was an amazing rifle. I wished I wouldn't have sold that one. I more than doubled my money but I still miss that rifle.

I've got a Marline 336 in 35rem and love it. I load the 200gn Hornady FTX and 41.4gn Leverevolution with excellent results. I've come to to respect the ballistics of both the 358 and the 35 whelen.

I have 3 35 cal rifles. 35 Whelen, 358 Winchester and 35 Remington. I'm shooting 225 gr Accubonds and 225 gr Barnes TSX in the Whelen and 358, and 200 gr Sierra game kings in the 35 Remington. I've killed about a dozen deer between the three rifles. And all deer either dropped on the spot, or never ran more than 20 yards. The round is very accurate, and is devastating on game.Ive only found 1 bullet from deer and it was from the 35 Remington, and it mushroomed perfectly, the rest were pass throughs, meat loss has been low. I've never taken the Whelen or the 358 for elk, I usually take a 300 Weatherby just because the shots can be long. I'm a big fan of the 35 calibers just due to the devastating effects it has on the game, and also the accuracy on all three rifles has been fantastic. What I like about the Whelen is that with 225 gr Accubonds, they are about as flat shooting as the 30-06 with 180 gr bullets but hits harder and penetrate deeper. I know they're not long range rounds, but anything under 400 yards is in trouble with the Whelen. When I final go to Africa, the 35 Whelen will be coming with me. Any other fans out there?
Love my 35 Whelen

I have a 358 Winchester with a 20" barrel (was 25" but cut it short). Great cartridge. Killed 10 deer with it last year. 200g SGK RN bullets do the job, two ran a bit but others were DRT. I have a 35 Whelen with a 26" barrel shooting 225 SGKs great performer. I build a 358/300 RUM wildcat have not hunted with it but a 280g Swift at 2907fps will kill at great distance. I like big bullets going fast. My favorite is a 375 RUM 300g SBT at 2922fps Have killed two whitetails and some hogs, nothing runs when hit with that one. Bigger is better. IMR 4064 for the 358 WIN and 35 Wh. IMR4831 for the 358/300 RUM and 375 RUM

I have three 35,s. I built a 35 Whelen that is my favorite elk rifle and I've got two in 350 GNR. Ones a light weight carbine rifle and the other is a pistol. Both are on TC Contender frames. The 350 GNR is a 405 Winchester necked down to 35 caliber.

I have an M600 and an M700 BDL each in 350 Rem Mag. I have come to really love the cartridge over the past couple years. Our shots here in the PA woods for whitetail are generally shorter with foliage. I have found that the 200gr Hornady Interlock RN to be an incredible bullet for these purposes. It is cheap (comparatively to say the TSX), it kills deer incredibly quick (furthest track to date was 15 paces), and seems to not care about a little brush.

That little M600 is a blast to shoot. It is short, well balanced, and perfectly suited for long days of walking up and down some of the mountains/hills. Funny enough, it is one of the setups I have put the least amount of effort and $$$ into, but is the one called upon more often than any other in the stable.

I have been working up loads for my 35 Whelen using 225 Sierra Game Kings and the new 223 CFE powder. Some fantastic velocity numbers from that powder and 2000 MR. Turns the Whelen into a 21th century superb hunting rifle.
What velocities were you getting, CF 223,was a powder I was going mess with when it warms up.