Antlerless elk tag filled

cinch

Well, I filled my late season antlerless elk tag Thursday morning at 07:26. We had walked in about a mile and ran in to two elk that ended up being calves after the fact. It's hard to tell a calf from a cow if they are not side by side. But that's ok, good eating and less to cut up. Anyhow, we snuck up a creek bottom to 406 yards. I hit mine on the 2nd shot with a 200gr Accubond in the neck. My buddy dumped the other. Another guy with us killed one an hour later and a mile higher. We were hunting in very rough, high country. Packing the elk out wasn't bad either as it was all down hill. Here's my elk and a few pic's of the country.

PB190189.jpg

PB190198.jpg

PB190204.jpg

If you look hard you can see a herd of elk in the center of the 3rd picture.

Congrats on your hunt!!!
I am sure you will enjoy that elk meat.
Enjoyed the pictures, that is some great scenery; nice pictures.

Congratulations!!! Nice freezer-filler!

Sorry if i didn't get this in your post, but where is this? I don't want particulars, just something to whet my imagination.

What were you using to bring 'home the bacon' (rifle/cartridge/load)?

frank

That looks like some beautiful country - just the sorta place i head to for a vacation - in winter! And not far from the Grand Tetons - ahhh wish it was home...

What a nice rifle as well - 200grns at over 3,200fps is simply AWESOME!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.