Antlered Does

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Anyone ever harvest or know someone that has harvested an "Antlered Deer"? I was on a whitetail hunt in NY November 22, 2010 and it was the last day. I started grunting and saw this small 8 point working its way towards me. It took me a while to take the shot, really wanted something bigger, but it was the last day so I took the shot with a 270WSM Kimber Montana. When I went to dress the buck out, I noticed that it was missing a penis and testicles replaced with a vagina. This mount isn't the biggest in my Game Room, but defiantly most prized. They say that 1 in 10,000 does can grow antlers, but only 1 in millions grow full racks.

Attachments

• 8 Point Doe1.jpg
    8 Point Doe1.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 562
  • 8 Point Doe2.jpg
    8 Point Doe2.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 493
  • 8 Point Doe3.jpg
    8 Point Doe3.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 571
Very cool. We had a buck here that was in velvet year round. Never lost antlers. Watched it for 2.5 years. Multiple trail cam pics and binoculars confirmed no visible testicles. Never was able to connect. Was curious about the anatomy.

My uncle killed a spike "bull" 6 or 7 years ago that we walked up on from behind after it was down and it winked at us. Same thing as described by the op. The antlers busted off in the roll but left bloody stubs where they were attached to the head. Had nipples and the whole nine yards.

Very cool. We had a buck here that was in velvet year round. Never lost antlers. Watched it for 2.5 years. Multiple trail cam pics and binoculars confirmed no visible testicles. Never was able to connect. Was curious about the anatomy.
I once killed a buck after watching him spar another buck, beat him, and then chase him with his head up the losers rear end biting his nuts off.

That's a little different from a genetic female doe with antlers and is not super uncommon. It's called a cryptorchid buck and usually results from either undescended testicles or some sort of testicle injury like catching them on a fence...yikes! I was elk hunting in Colorado and we kept seeing this muley buck that was in velvet WAY late in the season. Kinda cool!

I never seen such a thing as does with antlers. I've seen turkey hens with beards.
Crazy stuff. Every antlered deer I've ever shot all had nuggets. Just when you think the gas cap on your dirt bike is bad someone had to mention getting nuggets ripped off on a fence. I bet that smarts even if they don't come off. I did whath one buck get stuck in a fence for about 10 minute right under my stand. He tried to go through it at a corner and he didn't see the diagonal wire. Once he stopped panicking he calmly slid out and off he went. Pretty sure he took his nuggets with him.
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.