Anti-X bolt handle options

IMHO, It's the worst designed custom action out there for a hunting build. Had one, used it one hunt, removed it and sold it.
I've had good experiences with Defiance but this will be the first anTi-X. Guess I'll soon enough know for myself if I like it or not. Haven't heard too many folks expressing your experience. Wish me happy.

What think you of this? ;)

(would need cerakoted yet if we go with this)

Attachments

• Custom anTi-X handle-knob.jpg
    Custom anTi-X handle-knob.jpg
    654.9 KB · Views: 129
Interesting. Assuming the ocular housing is the same size on the 5-30, 20MOA would have been the way to go. Your handle clears the ocular lens cover? Mine only does when it's open. If it's closed the bolt will pop it open when I cycle it. Then, if I close it with the bolt open the bolt is stuck open until I open the lens again.
No issues, my Tenacity was a different story, it road the ocular

Just a FYI to all perspective buyers, all TENACITY, ANTI & ANTI-x come with the improved handle geometry so no more clearance issues.

With the new bolt handle, do you know if there would be any issue with using an AnTi (not AnTi-X) action with a 1" 40mm objective scope or a 30mm 42mm objective scope and low Talleys?

I want a lightweight "carrying through the woods" rifle.

I noticed since that you can get a handle from Defiance that's threaded at both ends, then you got lots of options for knobs. At least for options that don't interfere with scope clearance.

With the new bolt handle, do you know if there would be any issue with using an AnTi (not AnTi-X) action with a 1" 40mm objective scope or a 30mm 42mm objective scope and low Talleys?

I want a lightweight "carrying through the woods" rifle.
You'll be fine with that setup.

I was wondering about that too. Mine (LA .595" .750") weighs 24 ounces.

View attachment 373549
Ed, yours has the updated handle.

Contacted Defiance to see what they changed with the AnTi bolt and if it was something I could purchase. As I figured it is something in the bolt itself and not the handle. Here's their response.

"Thank you for reaching out to us and for using a Defiance action, we hope you have been enjoying it. We have recently started offering a bolt handle with additional rotation built into the bolt. It is not the handle that is rotated more but rather where the handle threads into the bolt body, it is not something that can be added to an existing bolt, a new one would have to be made. Due to the demand of our products and our current work load we are 15 months lead time for work right now."

I called them the other day and they said I could send it in for warranty work, if I wanted. They never mentioned anything about the handle other then they were making them a little longer, witch doesn't help the clearance problem. They must have gotten a lot of complaints for them to change the handle angle.

Last edited:
I just got my new build with the anTi action from my gunsmith today. Went to mount up my Swarovski Z5 with Talley Lightweights and the bolt handle hits the scope housing.🤬 I'll be contacting Defiance on Monday to check on my options.

The easiest fix would be taller mounts but the scope already sits higher than I'd like. Kinda frustrating since I was hoping to start breaking in the barrel today.😤

Last edited: