Anti cant

Sig "levelplex"? I have yet to shoot it, but I mounted a Tango6 (4-24x50). It has an electronic cant indicator, that is supposedly +/- 0.5*, to level.

Not all bubble levels are created equal. Bubble spitting due to recoil or expansion/contraction of the liquid, visibility, etc. I have used all the usual suspects and have never had an issue with the Flatline, regardless of conditions. I have a few Holland's , most are OK, some not....with bubble spitting in cold weather under recoil. The full span of the bubble within the housing/glass in most levels seems to be +/- 1-2 degrees or so........3 degrees is about .5MOA of horizontal variation at 1000 Yards with my rifles.

I don't think it's causing misses. It just bothers me. I'll check out those that everyone has suggested. Always looking for better mouse trap as stated in reply #2

Hi guys, Tyler from MKM here, link was posted above. Of course you can't beat physics, and any liquid is going to change viscosity with temp, and a bubble will expand or contract accordingly. That being said, I haven't noticed a large difference in our ULP levels from hunting in about 10f to 100f, it remains pretty sensitive.

Additionally, ain't nothin' wrong with QUALITY 3d printed, it just doesn't look as cool as a nicely milled unit. We use the same vials in our printed and milled levels, they function the same, and our custom nylon we've been getting extruded for most of 2018 doesn't have any issues at colder temps...or hotter ones.

I'm confident enough I'll send OP a level free of charge, he doesn't like it then he doesn't pay!

https://mkmachining.com/product-category/aluminum-levels/

Hi guys, Tyler from MKM here, link was posted above. Of course you can't beat physics, and any liquid is going to change viscosity with temp, and a bubble will expand or contract accordingly. That being said, I haven't noticed a large difference in our ULP levels from hunting in about 10f to 100f, it remains pretty sensitive.

Additionally, ain't nothin' wrong with QUALITY 3d printed, it just doesn't look as cool as a nicely milled unit. We use the same vials in our printed and milled levels, they function the same, and our custom nylon we've been getting extruded for most of 2018 doesn't have any issues at colder temps...or hotter ones.

I'm confident enough I'll send OP a level free of charge, he doesn't like it then he doesn't pay!

That's quite the offer. I'm curious tho how much have you used it with ELR shooting? I'd be willing to give it a try.

Tyler. when will the rail mount levels be available.
Elk

Bought a 3-D printed scope level from a not named manufacturer. Prior to it being only half tight it cracked. Tried to epoxy and glue it, didn't help. Even my 4 year old grandson could turn it on the scope. Plastic, custom nylon or whatever, I'm not a fan regardless the price.

That's quite the offer. I'm curious tho how much have you used it with ELR shooting? I'd be willing to give it a try.

I shot to 2500 yards outside of SLC about a month ago. sub-$6000 rig, was smoking custom Desert Techs with those fancy electronic levels that were almost $20000 rigs ;)

VPR5Iac.jpg

FYI, here's how strong printing materials hold up. This is a carbon fiber/nylon blend

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts