Anti-cant devices?

Antarcticchamp

Is there a strong reason to choose rail mounted levels over scope mounted levels for preventing cant?
Does it matter if said rifle is getting shoved in a case and handled by Airlines regularly?
Do any of you have strong feelings about a particular level?

If shooting 400+, any accurate level is better than no level. All of mine are tube mounted right now. I like the Flatline Ops levels if available on the proper tube size. Need to find a level for the 36mm ZCO tube, I think MK makes one? Otherwise, it will have to be a rail mounted level.

Either is going to be fine. These are bubbles after all and thus not a precision instrument. I have a level attached to the tube on one rifle, and I like it because I can open both eyes and see the reticle enough to make a level call. On another rifle, I have a bubble on top of the rear scope ring. I level the gun looking over the optic and then get behind the gun and send it. To be honest, I've never felt like a missed a shot because of rifle cant in my life. I still use the level though.

I have levels on all my rifled. I like the Holland best and Vortex LoPro. I think the Holland is around $70 now and the LoPro is about $40.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.