Anti cant and aci ????????

J

JEREMY logan

I have a leupold 6.5-20-50 scope with leupold mounts i'm needing to buy something that will have an anti cant level and aci bracket something like shawn has on his website. I know his fits the nightforce bottom mount so my question is will it work on mine or is their anyone who offers this combination for the leupold mounts . I need to save all i can so any other choices are welcome.

The Nightforce or the Badger will work on a rail. Do you have a full langth rail MARK 4 base?

3555.jpg

The Nightforce puts it up by the scope and the Badger drops it below by the action. We stock both.

Mike @ CSGW

JEREMY logan;283865I need to save all i can s[B said:
o any other choices are welcome[/B].

Yooo Hooo I'm free to say my "cheap but effective piece".

A 30mm aci scope mount will fit any 30mm scope. Same for the anti cant device.

However having been conceived by a couple who grew up during the depression seem to naturally rube goldberg stuff every chance I get.

For the anti cant device look at a flat bottomed scope ring.

Items needed:
Gorilla Glue
Flat based rings. The higher the better. (leuy rear ring w/windage cut outs - turns out this is all they are good for or so I learned the hard way)
An inexpensive 6" plastic level from the hardware store.

Work steps:

1. Remove bubble glasses from the level.
  2. Toss the empty level
  3. Select the shortest bubble glass.
  4. File, grind, machine or chew a groove perpendicular to the scope in the bottom of the ring. (Note the better the craftsmanship the better looking the result.:rolleyes:
  5. When the groove is of sufficient size to make you feel good about it holding the bubble glass. You want the bubble glass to settle into the groove a little less than half way.
  6. When things look about right apply just the correct amount :rolleyes:of Gorilla glue to the groove.
  7. Carefully insert the bubble level and let it set at least over night. The Gorilla Glue will foam up a bit, thus the recommendation to apply only enough to do the job. But how does one know that, the first time.:rolleyes:
  8. Next to last step (or not) is using a jewelers file carefully remove excess glue. Carefully as you don't want to scratch the bubble glass (which is plastic). Scratches will draw comments from those range idiots who have no idea of what that gizmo is or what it does.
  9. Next loosely mount the ring on the rear of the scope and get behind the rifle and position the device in the most visible position. Be careful to not mark the scope as there seem to be lots of folks around here that frown on that kind of thing. It doesn't seem to bother me.:rolleyes:
  10. Set the rifle up so that the reticule is perpendicular and horizontal. Set up the rifle the same way you did when leveling the scope originally.
  11. Turn the device so that the bubble is evenly between the rings tighten it down.
I have one of my DIYers on a 338 braked RUM and one on a 270 AM and so far so good. Way too many shots through both.

BTW, whether you DIY or purchase both devices are vital to LRH.

I bought the one that Shawn sells and it's a great piece of kit. A little finnicky to put on but well worth the effort. But I don't know that they'd fit Leupold rings. Might be a good reason to upgrade to Nightforce rings.

Jeremy,

I see you posted this back in May, so it might be too late or maybe you already found out... if you opt for the ACI mount that mounts on the ring, you will need a taller ring so that the mount does not interfere with the windage nuts on your rail mount rings (if that's the setup you have). I opted for the rail mount ACI mount to allow for the short rings and it also tucks away a little better, for less chance of snagging sumthin.

-MR

Yooo Hooo I'm free to say my "cheap but effective piece".

A 30mm aci scope mount will fit any 30mm scope. Same for the anti cant device.

However having been conceived by a couple who grew up during the depression seem to naturally rube goldberg stuff every chance I get.

For the anti cant device look at a flat bottomed scope ring.

Items needed:
Gorilla Glue
Flat based rings. The higher the better. (leuy rear ring w/windage cut outs - turns out this is all they are good for or so I learned the hard way)
An inexpensive 6" plastic level from the hardware store.

Work steps:

1. Remove bubble glasses from the level.
  2. Toss the empty level
  3. Select the shortest bubble glass.
  4. File, grind, machine or chew a groove perpendicular to the scope in the bottom of the ring. (Note the better the craftsmanship the better looking the result.:rolleyes:
  5. When the groove is of sufficient size to make you feel good about it holding the bubble glass. You want the bubble glass to settle into the groove a little less than half way.
  6. When things look about right apply just the correct amount :rolleyes:of Gorilla glue to the groove.
  7. Carefully insert the bubble level and let it set at least over night. The Gorilla Glue will foam up a bit, thus the recommendation to apply only enough to do the job. But how does one know that, the first time.:rolleyes:
  8. Next to last step (or not) is using a jewelers file carefully remove excess glue. Carefully as you don't want to scratch the bubble glass (which is plastic). Scratches will draw comments from those range idiots who have no idea of what that gizmo is or what it does.
  9. Next loosely mount the ring on the rear of the scope and get behind the rifle and position the device in the most visible position. Be careful to not mark the scope as there seem to be lots of folks around here that frown on that kind of thing. It doesn't seem to bother me.
  10. Set the rifle up so that the reticule is perpendicular and horizontal. Set up the rifle the same way you did when leveling the scope originally.
  11. Turn the device so that the bubble is evenly between the rings tighten it down.
I have one of my DIYers on a 338 braked RUM and one on a 270 AM and so far so good. Way too many shots through both.

BTW, whether you DIY or purchase both devices are vital to LRH.

Wish I had seen this post before I ordered my level :cool:

Anyone want to buy an anti cant level ?:rolleyes:

I will remember this for my next mount :)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.