Antelope with the girls

Brother, that put a smile on this old man's face this morning! Thanks for sharing. Gonna be takin the g-kids to CO this Christmas for a late season cow hunt. 2 girls, 1 boy. 10-8-6. Can't wait to see THEIR smiles. Good stuff there. Good on you.

This is awesome. Mine will be 10 this month as well. Weird though, she loves the gutting process and exploring the organs and physiology more than the hunt. I may have a doctor/veterinarian in the making.
Same! After the gutless we opened it up and saw some of the internals. She wanted to take the heart home to eat, it's her favorite part. I told her "I don't think we're going to find a heart!" The youngest one says "it didn't have a heart!!?" Lol

Great job my friend and excellent way to teach our youth the simple pleasure that life offers us! I taught my 2 daughters the same way, now I just killed this buck with my Son In Law a few weeks ago. Still waiting for some grand kids to teach. Son in law is on the far right and daughter couldn't be there.

Attachments

• 3A43E528-765B-4B86-9C9D-171FB8389BFE.png
    3A43E528-765B-4B86-9C9D-171FB8389BFE.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Way to go dad. Congratulations on an excellent and memorable hunt. Thanks for posting. Thanks for the pictures. Best of luck on the elk hunt.

Great job. Fun stuff - seeing the excitement on those smiling faces! I know sometimes pictures can be deceiving, but that bluff looks like a long ways off.... A pretty long poke and destroyed the heart in the process! What was rifle and the load? A friend is trying to work up a load for a 7saum and is struggling a bit. It looks like a great round, and if I didn't already have a 7 wsm, I would definitely look into it.

Thank you all! Everyone did great with Covid. Minor to no symptoms.

My oldest has been with me for 3 antelope kills plus a couple of hot days sitting in a blind when she was 4-5 years old. She loves it. The factor that holds her back is her ability to hike long distances.

She'll be 10 in October and she just got a franchi affinity compact 20 gauge. We're heading to Kansas for the youth pheasant opener with her 10 month old GSP.
that dog WILL hunt...