Antelope in Wyoming????

bigngreen

So I've decided to start trying to hunt in some nearby states and it looks like Wyoming is the ticket. I'm thinking of just the doe fawn tag but I would like to put in for an area that has a good chance of drawing and has some elk or mulies near by so I can do some scouting while goat hunting.

Need some input on areas that might accomplish what I'm wanting, looks like some over the counter permits as well available after the draw. Public ground DIY hunt any level of difficulty is great.

I'd be looking in the BigHorn Basin on the west side closer to you if you want to go for easy to get doe/fawn tags or further east in the Sheridan area. From either side you can then go on uphill into the BigHorns for your elk and deer scouting. There is public land for your goat hunting, but you'll need a good map and GPS with ownership chip to stay on the public ground. I was in both areas again this past season and there are plenty of goats all over up there, especially in the Sheridan area.

TopGun said it best, Bighorn Basin or Sheridan area. Although there are a LOT of Goats & mulies around here, Elk are not as plentiful, they are here, but most land if private & trespass fees VERY high.

Get in touch with Tikkamike, he lives in Basin & could probably point you in the right direction. He & I have been trying to put together a doe hunt ourselves...you never know... Wyo vs MT antelope hunt :rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.