Antelope hunt

ltrshooter

My 80 yo dad and a friend and I went on our first antelope hunt. We flew into Rapid City South Dakota and did the tourist things like Mout Rushmore and Deadwood and hunted three days in Western Wyoming. We all threee tagged out which as great. I got mine in the first hour shooting off a bipod at 400 yards. My friend got his prone off a bipod at 420. Dad got a broadside shot at 220 after a miss at about 400. It was hard to get close to them... This was the first hunt for my new rifle. I had John Whidden build a 308 with a Stiller Tac30 action, Jewell trigger, Rock Creek 5r rifled 1/11.25 twist ABS carbon wrapped barrel on one of his stocks with a March 2.5-25x42 scope. The rifle will really shoot. We had a great time. Included are pictures of two of the bucks and my rifle. For those of you that like to shoot at distance, you would really like antelope. They are small, fast and do not like to let you get close.

Attachments

• hunting trip antelope 019.jpg
    hunting trip antelope 019.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 121
  • hunting trip antelope 024.jpg
    hunting trip antelope 024.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 121
  • wgw 065.jpg
    wgw 065.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.