antelope hunt

Jon

My 12yr old daughter is smitten about the idea of an antelope hunt. She currently has 3 whitetail bucks to her credit one of which is a 9 pt.The problem is I cant find any antelope in virginia and she recognizes the domestic goats even at distance. Does any one have any info on Public land antelope hunts?

Wyoming is the state to check out.
They have a website and a call to any of their Game and Fish offices will get you going.
The applications have to be in by March 15th so you may want to get rolling if you are wanting to put in for this year.

I believe it is the only state where you would have a realistic chance of scoring in the draw the first year.
Also has by far the most antelope of any state.

nottoofar is absolutely correct.
Public land antelope hunts in Colorado are a premium to draw. While there are big bucks in some areas, it is difficult to draw. The best bet in Colorado is area 144 in the Comanche Nat'l grasslands, but for more and better options at a better price (for doe tag), I would heartily endorse Wyoming.

Come out to Montana, Eastern Montana is thriving with Antelope and lots of public land. Getting a permit and finding a place to hunt shouldn't be a problem. Good Luck

WY has so many antelope we look at them as pests. They are always eating next to public roads and damaging vehicles on a regular basis. Around here you can hunt them off your porch.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.