Antelope hunt with daughters?

338weatherby

A friend and I want to take our daughters out to Wyoming this year to hunt antelope. I have 7 points and my buddy has 8. I've been looking at the '20 odds and my head is spinning. I was hoping to find an area where we can apply (all four of us) for either doe, or split up the points for all of us leaving <4 each? Our daughters are 16 & 17 and I don't see anything for youth. I've hunted in area's 106 and 68 in the past and neither have a doe tag and we have no where near the points needed. Any suggestions for trying to make something work with the kids?

If you can't make Wyoming work, you may consider an outfitter hunt in New Mexico who has guaranteed landowner tags. I did this last year and all hunters (6) shot out on some extremely large animals the first day. Going back again this august. Just a thought
That's definitely an option. Do you have anyone you recommend or other outfitters that would be worth contacting? I have thought of saving my points in Wyoming for a more serious hunt when the girls aren't with.

That's definitely an option. Do you have anyone you recommend or other outfitters that would be worth contacting? I have thought of saving my points in Wyoming for a more serious hunt when the girls aren't with.
Yes I do. I have hunted with this outfitter at least 7 or 8 times. His name is Keith Williams 928 242 0105. You can PM me and leave a contact number and I will be more than happy to discuss this further. Good luck.

this was from our trip last year in eastern New Mexico.

784F9807-1ABD-4ECC-8FC0-05726C3905A1.jpeg7C092713-DAC6-44EA-9C28-918CE5698A1F.jpeg

Very nice group pic! I'm thinking of trying area 32 in Wyoming with our 15 points, party of 4, special tag. If we don't get drawn, might have to look into this. The girls really want to go. They deer hunt with us in Northern MN were we don't see much if anything at all. Just seeing the antelope off in the distance and trying to close in with be a great time with them. Was hoping just for doe tags for their first time but it doesn't look like that will be the case regardless.

Look at the odds for random draw for some of the doe/fawn hunts, type 7. Just be careful of difficult access areas, type 7 tags usually are on or within a mile of private, and a lot of landowners have no problem letting you hunt doe/fawn pronghorn, but make sure you have your daughters with you when ya ask for permission. And if you draw, start making calls to landowners ahead of time.

Best outfitter in heaviest speed goat area.

Very nice group pic! I'm thinking of trying area 32 in Wyoming with our 15 points, party of 4, special tag. If we don't get drawn, might have to look into this. The girls really want to go. They deer hunt with us in Northern MN were we don't see much if anything at all. Just seeing the antelope off in the distance and trying to close in with be a great time with them. Was hoping just for doe tags for their first time but it doesn't look like that will be the case regardless.
Area 32 might be a good choice, i hunted 32 last year with a special tag. Lots of accessible public land and lots of antelope. I think doe tags will be available as i met several guys last year that had them. Buck quality was average and they were plentiful. A long haul from here in northern minnesota. Other units to consider are 27 which I've hunted twice before and 75. Both of those units have the space (public land) and animals to provide a quality hunt. Antelope hunting is my favorite Wyoming hunt. Have hunted 21, 22, 27, 30, 32, 75, 106 & 114. No matter where you take the girls, you and they will make memories for life. If you desire I may be able to help you with GPS coordinates for suitable campsites.
Pm me with any questions.
Good luck on the draw,
Randy.

Look at the odds for random draw for some of the doe/fawn hunts, type 7. Just be careful of difficult access areas, type 7 tags usually are on or within a mile of private, and a lot of landowners have no problem letting you hunt doe/fawn pronghorn, but make sure you have your daughters with you when ya ask for permission. And if you draw, start making calls to landowners ahead of time.
Thanks for the tip. I've wondered about contacting a landowner and if was a viable option.

Area 32 might be a good choice, i hunted 32 last year with a special tag. Lots of accessible public land and lots of antelope. I think doe tags will be available as i met several guys last year that had them. Buck quality was average and they were plentiful. A long haul from here in northern minnesota. Other units to consider are 27 which I've hunted twice before and 75. Both of those units have the space (public land) and animals to provide a quality hunt. Antelope hunting is my favorite Wyoming hunt. Have hunted 21, 22, 27, 30, 32, 75, 106 & 114. No matter where you take the girls, you and they will make memories for life. If you desire I may be able to help you with GPS coordinates for suitable campsites.
Pm me with any questions.
Good luck on the draw,
Randy.
Thanks for the info. I think 32 may be the best bet to actually get tags for the four of us. Nice to hear I'm not on the wrong train of thought.

Thanks for the info. I think 32 may be the best bet to actually get tags for the four of us. Nice to hear I'm not on the wrong train of thought.
I liked that unit. After finding a nice herd in a big canyon, ended up spending 4. Nights in my camper closeby. Took a decent buck on the opener within 1/4 mile of camp. I sent you a pm the other day offering you a compilation of maps that i have for the area. I also inquired as to your northern mn location.